HR Boards
January 29, 2023, 08:32:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse premieres in theaters June 2, 2023!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warner Bros shelve Wonder Woman - or not!  (Read 8769 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »

We heard it might be the case yesterday but now it’s official, Wonder Woman will not be a series on NBC.

NBC held more upfronts today and Entertainment Weekly has learned the network passed on David E. Kelley’s Wonder Woman pilot. A relief to some for sure but for a bummer for others who were looking forward to seeing a live-action Amazon Princess again. The pilot starred Adrianne Palicki as Diana, Elizabeth Hurley and Cary Elwes.

EW says there’s no official reason why the show was passed over but that “scuttlebutt reveals the pilot earned mixed reviews at test screenings. And then there was all the online blow back about the costume – which seemed to de-emphasize the patriotism and play up the comic’s Greek mythology. Ultimately, the wardrobe department went back to the drawing board but that didn’t seem to save the project.”

In lieu of the superhero adaptation, NBC has picked up The Playboy Club, Awake, Grimm, Whitney, Up All Night, Smash and Prime Suspect.

Are you upset or happy the show did not get picked up for a series? Would you still like to see Wonder Woman in live action? Perhaps a movie is in the cards after all.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 04:59:38 AM »

I'm bummed. I'd like to see WW on the small screen again.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 12:40:32 PM »

I'm bummed. I'd like to see WW on the small screen again.

But surely not in the way it was being presented? With that situation? With that plot? Wonder Woman as a vigilante CEO, running across the tops of cars like John McClane?

\\\\\\\"I do not have OCD. I know. I\\\\\\\'ve checked. Three or four hundred times and I definitely don\\\\\\\'t. I stopped myself from catching it by washing my hands an even number of times\\\\\\\"<br />David Mitchell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS