HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:26:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DCBS special  (Read 3702 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »

Hey guys, as most of you know, I use DCBS for pre-ordering my comics each month. Well, as I was looking through their monthly "specials" list (as I always do, looking to add one or two those $0.99 cent comics they have), I came across an even better deal.

They have the past 20 some issues or so of THE BOYS on special for $0.35 each.

Now yes, I was one of those readers that got bored with the early issues of THE BOYS and their "oh, look how far I am pushing the envelope" style (got bland fast), but I have heard it is a lot better now, as far as depth, so hell, for thirty-five each I will certainly try it.

I just got issues 27-49 for like $8

23 comics for $8? Hells yeah.

I know Rich uses DCBS (not sure if he is/was a fan of THE BOYS or not), and I am not sure who else here uses this fantastic site, but for that price I thought I would spread the word.

10 comics for $3.50 .... Now THAT is a price point I can deal with.
 Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:21:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

Yeah, I saw that!  I already have those issues in trade format, or I would have bitten.  Damn good price.  Last month they had the Highland Laddie miniseries on a similar special, but I had a huge order in that month already, so didn't go for it.

Anyone who's remotely interested in this series could do much worse than 20 issues for the cost of two at full price.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »

I'm so tempted to buy this. Only thing holding me back is finding the time to read them all!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

I'm so tempted to buy this. Only thing holding me back is finding the time to read them all!

Amen to that.

Add in that my parents just secured me a HUGE amount of books from a comic shop that closed near where they live, and I may have to skip ordering any comics next month.
 Cheesy

(Man I can't wait for them to see what I got. I am like a 8 year old at X-Mas)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS