HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:17:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 43231 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:05 PM »

And as Jeff predicted...... Cheesy

I hope Magda learns a valuable lesson from all this.....and pays with her life. Hahaha

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »

And as Jeff predicted...... Cheesy

I hope Magda learns a valuable lesson from all this.....and pays with her life. Hahaha

Oh yeah.  I will as I love how his arc is showing the other side.  Now ricks group is the secretive suspicious rulers that the traving party doesn't trust.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2014, 02:32:20 AM »

issue 130....WHAAAAAAaaaaaaa?Huh  i am sure there more to this than whats said and i fully expect a kirkman twist, i just have no idea what it will be...
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 04:22:12 AM »

Issue 167.

I can't believe it's been almost three years since we've posted here.  But after the death in 167 I had to say something.

Very very sad.  There's not many originals left to die and this one stings.  And I think this is the first time Kirkman has written a letter at the back of the book apologizing and lamenting how sad this is to him.  The story truly has a life of its own.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 10:09:51 AM »

Surprised it took as long as it did, really. Considering the show and all. Sorry for everyone's loss

But, yep, I'm glad I turned away from this depressing franchise.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2019, 10:25:47 PM »

Issue 192

Wow another 2 years pass before getting back to this thread and it is for yet another mouth dropping death.

They killed Rick Grimes.

And it was such an unexpected death.  Just when you think things have settled down.  Bang!  The whole world changes. 

And then that's not bad enough.  Then this happens....

Carl, having no idea Rick is dead,  is the one to find him and is attacked by Rick-Zombie.  Carl has to put him down with a shot between the eyes.

I actually teared up at the end of this.  One powerful awful amazing issue.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2019, 01:17:46 AM »

Issue 93

In typical Robert Kirman form, he does it again with this issue.  No one saw it coming.  No spoilers got out that I know of.  And yet this happened.....

The series ended.  That's right - this was the last issue of Walking Dead and he didn't run any promotions because he wanted it to be a surprise to his readers like so many other deaths that happen in this series.

Now it makes sense why Rick died last issue.  This issue jumped to a grown up Carl, probably Rick's age, with a wife (Sophia) and child and we get to see what has happened to the world and those we know in it.  Brilliantly written.  Emotionally heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.  And Kirkman's farewell letter at the end of the issue get's to you too.
  The series ends with Carl Grimes sitting in a rocking chair with his daughter, Andrea, in his lap reading her a story about the great Rick Grimes and how he saved the world.  Her grandfather.  And she says "I know Dad.  You tell me everytime."  Perfect ending.

10 out of 10 Walkers for this issue.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS