HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:10:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 43249 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 27, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

Coming out in January and February 2011!

THE WALKING DEAD #81
story ROBERT KIRKMAN
art & cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN
JANUARY 12
32 PAGES / BW $2.99

“NO WAY OUT” continues!
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

THE WALKING DEAD #82
story ROBERT KIRKMAN
art & cover CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN
FEBRUARY 9
32 PAGES / BW $2.99

“NO WAY OUT” continues.
When the walls come down… no one is safe.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:34 PM »

issue 80 is out...and what an issue it was.  Kirkman has a way of lulluing you into a false sense of security...even when you know it's going to go horribly wrong, it is almost impossible to predict how wrong it will go.  plus he constantly evolves the characters so you never know how they are going to react...you can guess but never get it quite right.

Man I love this book.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »

Another good issue.  I predict bad things in Carl's future!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »

Another good issue.  I predict bad things in Carl's future!

Things are getting a little complicated for Rick too!  Grin

And I hope that giving Carl a sidearm doesn't end up as a harsh lesson in keeping guns away from minors!

And what about the love triangle between Abraham, Rosita, and Holly!

So much good human drama...and zombies too!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:17:59 PM by G:The Last Man » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 12:29:16 AM »

Holy crap!  Issue 82!

The proverbial $h!t is hitting the fan!!!!

HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »

Holy crap!  Issue 82!

The proverbial $h!t is hitting the fan!!!!

Add a couple more to the ranks of the dead/undead!!!!

I don't know where I'd rather be in this situation!  Outside the city walls with Andrea and Glenn, or on the inside with Rick!  I predict that Michonne is gonna make a last minute save with the slicing and dicing action and save Rick!  But Kirkman has a way of surprising the reader, so I'm sure I'm wrong!

Glenn had a point about leaving Pete's wife with Carl, and luckily my bad thoughts didn't come true, when Rick returned home to check on them.  I thought it was also pretty obvious that when Glenn and the others crossed the rope over to the other rooftop that they should go one by one.  Of course they had to learn the hard way!!!!  Much more dramatic and cooler I know!

Can anyone find a moment of respite for longer than a week or so?  Well that wouldn't make for a good story I suppose!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »

Hey G,

Getting the feeling your boy Glenn may not be long on this earth?

HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »

Hey G,

Getting the feeling your boy Glenn may not be long on this earth?

Hi Jeff,

That's just my boy Glenn having a massive panic attack!  Grin  He'll calm down and handle business once the "fight or flight" instinct kicks in! Kirkman wouldn't use obvious foreshadowing or drop a big hint on an upcoming death like that....it would be too easy!  TWD is all about surprising turns of events! Cool

Wonder how Duane is going to end up?  Michonne's blade is really something sharp! That conversation between Carl and him was pretty great.

I also liked that line that Rick said at the end. Like saying, "I got my own problems to worry about, without worrying about someone else!!!"

Looks to me like the whole community is going to be split up...permanently.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »

Come on...no one is commenting...I mean holy sh!t...can you believe what just happened...I know to always expect the unexpected but DAAAAAMMMN!!!

I was shocked...my mouth hung open for what seemed like 20min before my wife asked what happened, then rolled her eyes and continued to watch Lifetime.  Typically Lifetime would have caused my eyes to roll too but i was not aware of my surrounds, just staring at that horrific 2page spread.

I know we want to be kind and spoiler free for those who wait for trade but that really shouldn't stop those who have read the issue not to discuss...so come on...what do you think?
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

Come on...no one is commenting...I mean holy sh!t...can you believe what just happened...I know to always expect the unexpected but DAAAAAMMMN!!!

I was shocked...my mouth hung open for what seemed like 20min before my wife asked what happened, then rolled her eyes and continued to watch Lifetime.  Typically Lifetime would have caused my eyes to roll too but i was not aware of my surrounds, just staring at that horrific 2page spread.

I know we want to be kind and spoiler free for those who wait for trade but that really shouldn't stop those who have read the issue not to discuss...so come on...what do you think?

Yeah, I typically didn't want to be the first to comment, for fear of offending the trade-waiters  Wink

Oh man....what can we say that won't spoil all the goodness of this issue!

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

CARL getting shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowza! 

If he survives this, he's gonna be wearing an eyepatch for sure and become an even more ornery youngin' than he already is!  He'll be the kid version of the Governor! Grin

We got a few casualties in this issue......so who are we hopin lives through this?  Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, Andrea, Rick?!?!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Did NOT expect THAT when I turned the page!

HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »

The Walking Dead #84
No Way Out Part Five

Now this is what I like to see!  Overcoming adversity!  Rallying together, fighting for survival!

Mother F'ing killing machines is what Rick, Michonne, and Abraham are!  Damn, even Eugene and Gabriel got off their lazy butts and put in work!  Andrea and Glenn were late to the party, and missed all the acton!

Hope certainly springs eternal!  I'm looking forward to more great stories!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »

Great zombie fighting issue!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »

the two double page spreads of them standing over piles of zombie bodies was amazing...just the shear volume and carnage they went through...I thought they were going to have to abandon the "town" but it looks like they might salvage whats left.  another great issue.

Rick et al taking names and kicking all sorts of zombie a$$.  Really liked seeing people overcoming thier basic fears and joining in to help clear out the walkers.  Loved the expression on the late comers, expecting to see the worst and thier surpise as they see what has happened inside.

HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »

The Walking Dead 86!

As expected, we get a quiet issue after all the craziness of the past few issues! The community is getting their stuff together and brainstorming some great ideas to keep their neighborhood safe. But who are we kidding? Something is going to go horribly wrong!

Abraham is busted for his cheating ways which was funny!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS