HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:54:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superhero movies/tv shows etc in your lifetime--  (Read 6120 times)
Wg2100s
HR Sidekick

« on: December 26, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »

What Superhero movies/tv shows you were-A-happy to see in your lifetime,B- was not happy to see,and lastly C-would like to see.I will post my answers in a bit for i have plenty.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:25 PM »

I was happy to see almost every single one. Anything that promoted the diversity and the greatness that is the comic world to the outside, non-comic reading world was A+ to me, with very few exceptions. Even movies that we, as the comic reading community, knew to be bad or even horrible may have had something to do with gaining us a new reader, while I think it would be doubtful that it caused any to flee.

Good movie - you start researching or trying to find out more about it
Bad movie - you just don't bother

Even a movie like GHOST RIDER, which I found dreadful, caused at least 1 person I know to become a new comic reader.
For that ... I say YAY to all comic movies.

(Even though I may curse the bad ones to you guys)
 Grin

Although I am really worried/intrigued about that new show "THE CAPE"
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »

I am so happy that in my lifetime special effects have advanced to the point where we can get awesome comic movies from big franchises like Blade, Spider-Man, Iron Man, X-Men, Hulk(Norton version), and Batman(Keaton and Bale versions).  Their success paved the way for more comic books to be adapted - Hellboy, V for Vendetta, Watchmen, 30 Days of Night, Kick Ass, Wanted, Ghost World, Punisher War Zone, Sin City, From Hell, Road to Perdition....the list of good comic book movies to me is neverending as of late!

My favorite adaptation for 2010 was Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for sure.....

I'm thankful for the bad ones as well (The Spirit, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Constantine, Punisher), but not for ones like (Elektra, Halle Berry's Catwoman, Shaquille O'Neal's Steel, Barb Wire)

It's really a great time to be comic fan/moviegoer......Thor, X-Men First Class, Captain America, Avengers, Green Lantern, Dark Knight Rises.....I hope it never ends in my lifetime!  I hope they can produce a good Wonder Woman and a decent update to Superman one day though.

On the TV side, I am pleased with Smallville as a body of work even though my interest waned, and Heroes was an excellent distraction for a couple seasons.  No Ordinary Family is decent enough, and I am gonna tune into The Cape.  And problematic as The Walking Dead on AMC is to me right now, I am ecstatic that my favorite comic generated enough interest to be converted into a tv show!

If I can get Invincible, Dynamo 5, Echo, Fables, Freak Angels, or Locke and Key on the big or small screen......I can die a happy man.   

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:46:13 PM »

POWERS and LOCKE AND KEY  ... will hit TV soon, my man.

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
-eric-
HR Vigilante

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »

To answer your questions directly:

A)  Glad to see
(movies)Spider-man.  Spidey got me into comics many (many) years ago, and to see him on the big screen was amazing.   X-Men and the Original Reeves Super-man are close seconds.  And Watchmen would be in the top as well.
(tv) The Flash.  I really got a kick out of this one and was very sorry to see it go.  Greatest American Hero and the 60's Campy Batman are right up there too.  High praise for the Isis/Capt Marvel Hour on saturday tv too.

B)  Sad to see
(movie) Batman & Robin.  I liked most of the series, but the last one (Clooney et al) really showed how bad a good series can become
(TV)  ANy of the horrible made for tv Hulk movies (with Daredevil or Hulk) have to be up here.  And the Spider-man TV series

C) Like to See
American Flagg! would be on the top of the list.  Like the dark future presented there.  A decent Lone Ranger would be good (not really a comics character, but is the same as the Green Hornet).  A Wonder Woman would be fun and maybe a Nick Fury.  And for real dramatic punch - an animated version of Maus might be very powerful (or really horrible.  Probably best to leave this one alone)

HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 05:48:17 PM »

POWERS and LOCKE AND KEY  ... will hit TV soon, my man.

Cool

Is that real talk?  That would give me something to look forward to on tv!

Forgot to mention Powers as one of my tops to be adapted.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »

Yup, it is a final for L&K being on FOX (which with their premature canceling routine I am scared as hell) and kinda worried about POWERS being on FX, but not nearly as nervous as I am about Bendis' ALIAS being on ABC. That scares the shit outta me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:28:58 PM by Perry » Logged

HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 10:06:23 PM »

Yup, it is a final for L&K being on FOX (which with their premature canceling routine I am scared as hell) and kinda worried about POWERS being on FX, but not nearly as nervous as I am about Bendis' ALIAS being on ABC. That scares the shit outta me.

ALIAS on ABC is gonna be weird for sure....especially since they already had a show called ALIAS on their network....I fear that it will be tough to stick to the source material too, and it will just have to be Jessica Jones solving all new mysteries.

Locke and Key deserves a better station than FOX, and I can tell that the first storyline will be dumbed down due to its graphic scenes on network tv....and I have to wonder if the horror/drama is gonna sit well with the rest of the channel's offerings....gonna be a weird night of viewing for sure when it comes on.

Not too worried about Powers, except I hope they cast Walker and Pilgrim dead on....should be fun to watch.  Like Law & Order or CSI with powers.....least that what I would expect...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS