HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:43:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My 'new' find for you  (Read 4802 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: December 22, 2010, 05:26:18 PM »

<perry>Burned out on the Big two comics<perry>?

I invite you<perry> to try DUNGEONS & DRAGONS.

Its 2 issues in, written by John Rogers (creater/writer/director of LEVERAGE and Blue Beetle's awesome first 24 issues), and drawn by Andrea DiVito, it holds the fun of actual roleplaying (meaning you harass the crap out of all your friends' actions and answer all problems with sarcasm).

I bought #1 on a random dare to see if a D&D book could be cool, and I say they AYE.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

Yep, I read it.
Decent start, though I would still prefer a little "harsher" world. Looks too clean  Grin
I can find DiVito's art nondescript at times. Not bad, at all, just ... kinda boring.

Script wise ... again ... decent.

Still reading for the time being, however.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:44:30 AM »

Well, that's something then!  Cool

Divito's art is not brilliant here, but hey, he certianly doesn't have the team behind him like he did with BRATH at Crossgen (how 'bout DAT old plug?). But the book makes me smile, so I'm all in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:17:42 PM »

Oh yeah, keeps me off the "capes", and for now, that is good.
 Grin

(Of course, I forgot about Brath ... yet another title I have to track down now while I am in my Crossgen fervor ... damn it, Jimbo)
 Angry

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »

I picked up issue 0, which is selling for a dollar.  Mostly a preview comic of the Dungeons & Dragons series and upcoming Dark Sun series.

Like you guys mentioned, the art looks very good, but not Di Vito's most outstanding work.

Typical fantasy hero group stuff with all the archetypes you'd expect.  Again, nothing spectacular, but there's enough fun and humor to it I'll check out the trade.

The Dark Sun preview was a bit harder to follow.  I dug the artwork just fine, but the story and character motivations were trickier to understand.  I really got the sense that some changes were made last minute that messed with the overall story.
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »

This sounds pretty cool.  I've been in the mood for something different.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS