HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:59:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 4259 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: December 18, 2010, 06:34:56 PM »

Saw it yesterday and dug the hell out of it!

I know Hollywood is really shoving some 3D down our throats around this year, but I assure you that the 3D here is very much worth it if you're interested.  Seriously, even the opening chase scene on the motorcycle was gorgeous and it wasn't even set in the "Tron world."

Also, as weird as it sounds, they mostly used the same soundtrack from the original movie.  I know early 80s techno sounds like a bad move, but amazingly enough, IT WORKS!

And Oliva Wilde...couldn't take my eyes off her when she was on screen.

Fun, fun, flick.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:46:35 PM »

one of those "going to wait for DVD" movies, just so I can watch them back to back.

Glad it was good

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »

one of those "going to wait for DVD" movies, just so I can watch them back to back.

Unless you have a seriously kick-ass home theater, I can't recommend highly enough that you see Tron in the theater, preferably in IMAX.  The effects are amazing (the light cycle fight was one of the best action scenes that I have seen in quite some time) and the sound and music really just make the experience very immersive.  That was what I liked about the first movie, was that it literally brought you into another world...it was such a unique movie experience. 

I totally agree with TK1, Olivia Wilde is rockin' that outfit, and her acting wasn't bad either.  Cool

Go see it.  So much fun.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »

NOOooooo.
 Cheesy

I can't. I only go to the theater for special events, as I hate theaters so much. THOR, GL and Cap will be my next visits. Ya see? Special events.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS