HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:47:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Panther Man Without Fear  (Read 5809 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 02, 2010, 01:42:06 PM »

I don't like how Marvel is renaming the Daredevil book to Black Panther Man Without Fear.  It's the same thing they did to Incredible Hulk when they renamed it Incredible Hercules.  I get that the stories may still be good - and thats the most important thing - but come on.  Really?

BLACK PANTHER: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR" #513

Marvel is pleased to announce that best-selling author David Liss and the acclaimed artist Francesco Francavilla will be launching the all-new Black Panther: The Man Without Fear this December! The smoke has cleared from the ruins of Shadowland and a new protector of Hell’s Kitchen is on the prowl. His name is T’Challa, the Blank Panther! In a city without Daredevil and a dangerous knew foe called Vlad the Impaler consolidating power in the underworld, the Black Panther must learn to become a new type of hero. Without his riches, his technology, and his kingdom can T’Challa truly be the man without fear? Find out in Black Panther: The Man Without Fear #513!

BLACK PANTHER: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR #513
Written by DAVID LISS
Penciled by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
Variant Cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
Rated T+ …$2.99
ON SALE IN DECEMBER!

Of course, having ranted, I have to admit that I might pick this up.  It looks pretty good.   Embarrassed

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »

Read only for me.

I have heard good things about this writer (another novelist) but want to try it first. Take it for a test drive.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »

Coming in March 2011

BLACK PANTHER: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR #516
Written by DAVID LISS
Penciled by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
Captain America 70th Anniversary Variant Cover by DAVID AJA

Guest-starring Spider-Man! It’s the most unlikely team-up of the month
as the amazing web-slinger attempts to lend T’Challa some unwanted assistance in cleaning up the mean streets of Hell’s Kitchen! Meanwhile, things go from bad to worse, as a gang war erupts, dangerous
experiments go awry, and a murderer’s identity is revealed!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »

Issue #514

Not bad but a little hard to follow.  I didn't realize the hostage was BP's friend for quite awhile.  Maybe it's the art that's confusing?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »

no, I think it was the way it was presented in words.

The art, kinda bad, in a good way (if that makes sense) but didn't enjoy the writing as much as I had hoped to. Going to read another issue, but I think I have had enough.

Nothing horrible, but just not something I have to make time to read  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

Black Panther 515

A decent issue and it's peaking my interest more with this issue.  I'd like to see how this arc plays out but I don't really see myself staying on this title for the long haul.  Try as I might, I'm just not that interested in this Black Panther.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS