HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:58:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pull List for February  (Read 6771 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 01, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »

I'm down to 22 comics.  Why wasn't Invincible offered up for February?

Here's what I pre-ordered.

BATWOMAN 1
BRIGHTEST DAY 19
BRIGHTEST DAY 20
CAPTAIN AMERICA 615
DAREDEVIL REBORN 2
FANTASTIC FOUR 588
GENERATION HOPE 4
GREEN LANTERN 63
KICK-ASS 2 3
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES 10
PROOF ENDANGERED 3
SCALPED 46
SECRET AVENGERS 10
SECRET WARRIORS 25
SHIELD 6
TITANS 32
UNCANNY X-FORCE 5
UNCANNY X-MEN 533
WALKING DEAD 82
WOLVERINE 5.1
WOLVERINE 6
X-FACTOR 215

What are you all getting?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:36:30 PM »

Be back in a little bit to post 'em
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:51 PM »

Okay, just for February ...

THE SIXTH GUN #9

INVINCIBLE - Ultimate Collection Vol 6
MORNING GLORIES #7
MARINEMAN #3 (I know ... DAMN IT ... said I wasn't, but I can resist no longer !!!!)

AVENGERS #10 (Not willing to give up on this title ... yet)
NEW AVENGERS #9 (Deodato on art? SUPER-SWEET. Oh, and Chaykin ... eewww)
SECRET AVENGERS #10 (Shang-motha-freakin-Chi)
IRON MAN #501 (Best Marvel book by Fraction)
THOR #620 (Second best Marvel Fraction book)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #654
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #655
HEROES FOR HIRE #3 (Shang-motha-fr... oh, Iron Fist)
FANTASTIC FOUR #588 (Waiting for the death and hoping it is not Sue)
CAPTAIN AMERICA #615 (Brubaker. 'nuff said)
CASANOVA - GULA #2 (Fractions Best book)

BRIGHTEST DAY #19 (Loving Deadman)
BRIGHTEST DAY #20 (Loving the Hawks)
GREEN LANTERN #63 (Gearing up for ... another war?)
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #57 (Love Bedards writing)
EMERALD WARRIORS (to round out the trifecta)
THUNDER AGENTS #4 (Yes, I am a nostalgia whore)
ZATANNA #10 (Hate magic ... usually ... tsum eb eht sboob  Cheesy)
ACTION COMICS #898 (I, like Luther, hate Superman. Showing camaraderie  Grin)

I am also adding, just for a couple of months to help push sales of $2.99 comics, a few more DC comics. I think they are doing a great thing by reducing the cost and I want to help out as much as I can, as little as that is. May stick with some of  these on a monthly basis but most will be going to my "read only". Though there may be some that knock some Marvel off ... COME ON HAWKMAN !!!

FLASH #11 (Want to like this)
BATWOMAN #1 (I think I can survive the Batman allure for a month or two  Grin)
LEGION of SUPER-HEROES #10 (Actually dropped this title last month, but now staying on for $2.99 support)
ADVENTURE COMICS #523 (More Legion. Why not?)
BOOSTER GOLD #41 (Maybe ... May change my mind on this)
SECRET SIX #30 (I miss Gail. Coming back for a few at least)
REBELS #25 (Bedard !!!! - And yes, I refuse to put a "." after each letter. Damn straight rebel)
FREEDOM FIGHTERS #6 (P&G do a good comic, always have. Time to support 'em)
JONAH HEX #64 (see last comment)
JACK OF FABLES (Getting ready to start FABLES, may as well get the last issue of Jack)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:24:35 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »

I added WOLVERINE THE BEST THERE IS to my pull list as well.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 10:20:11 PM »

I'm saying to myself.  Why is Perry picking up Heroes for Hire?  Does he really like Misty Knight and Coleen Wing that much?

So I go out and take a look at the solicit for issue 1.

DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING?!?!?!?!

How did I miss that?  Man, I've not been paying attention like I should be.

If they come anywhere close to making all of these street characters as fun as they did the Guardians of the Galaxy and Nova then another Marvel hit is on its way!!

Needless to say - I've added it to my pull.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »

Ok - shoot me.  I gave in and added Batman Incorporated as well.  I hope this doesn't lead to a Batman explosion on my pull list.   Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »

Ok - shoot me.  I gave in and added Batman Incorporated as well.  I hope this doesn't lead to a Batman explosion on my pull list.   Undecided

Cheesy
And thus the spiral begins

Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 11:07:19 PM »

DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING?!?!?!?! ... Needless to say - I've added it to my pull.

As well you should, sir.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 04:53:41 AM »

Randomly, I had a friend pick up W:Best there is and thought it was utter garbage. And the only X book this guy isn't getting is New Mutants and Dark Wolverine. And I'm reading all his stuff. And I got to say; I really enjoy reading all that Mutant Madness right now as well. So, if W:BTI doesn't trip his trigger, I'm kinda inclined to agree....currently.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »

Randomly, I had a friend pick up W:Best there is and thought it was utter garbage. And the only X book this guy isn't getting is New Mutants and Dark Wolverine. And I'm reading all his stuff. And I got to say; I really enjoy reading all that Mutant Madness right now as well. So, if W:BTI doesn't trip his trigger, I'm kinda inclined to agree....currently.

Hmmm.  I hate to hear that as I have issue 1 coming this weekend and I love Huston's novels.  I'll keep my expectations low and let you know what I think after I read it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS