HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:38:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pull List Casualties  (Read 14225 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 01, 2010, 04:44:09 PM »

Just placed my pre-order for February and I've got 2 new casualties I'm dropping.

Green Arrow
Wonder Woman

Not really bad comics, they just aren't holding my interest.

Anyone else dropping anything with this months order?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:36:32 AM »

Well, for that or the prior month, it's been:

GL: Emerald Warriors
Incredible Hulk
Green Arrow
Supergirl.

But more is certainly being added!! (REBELS, Superboy, Batman Inc, and Thunderstrike!)

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 01:24:31 PM »

But more is certainly being added!! (REBELS, Superboy, Batman Inc, and Thunderstrike!)

Man - I am sooooo tempted to pick up Batman Inc but I'm afraid it will lead to the need to pick up EVERY Batman book!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

Man - I am sooooo tempted to pick up Batman Inc but I'm afraid it will lead to the need to pick up EVERY Batman book!

Need? Perhaps not.
Desire? You bet.
That is why I am only reading a friends copy. Not going down that Bat/X-Men road again. (Buy one, then two, then ...)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »

Most of my cancellations (or pull list removals) have received a stay of execution due to the $2.99 price support, but they will be dropped soon.

Only thing that stands out this month =

PUNISHER - MAX

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:55:03 AM »

The Bat-pole is slippery indeed. Can't believe I'm rocking 2 Batman books now and holding steady to that! (Red Robin is AMAZING! But that's trades for me).

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »

Dropped both JSA and JSA All-Stars. Birds of Prey is looking kinda shaky, too.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 10:04:32 PM »

Gonna be dropping Booster Gold, Justice League, Justice Society of America, Teen Titans, Superman, Batman, and Flash.  Oh yeah, I'm cleaning house of my DC books save Brightest Day, and Superman/Batman which will satisfy my fix for the big two DC powerhouses.  The Vertigo titles that I do get are still golden to me however - Fables, Unwritten, etc....

Still really debating though on the flagship Superman and Batman books.....my run dates back to the mid-80s......aargh....dilemmas!  But if I'm not enjoying them anymore, what's the point right?

I fear Uncanny X-Men may be next to get the axe, along with Daredevil (because of the name change).  Uncanny X-men might be safe as well though, because my collection is consecutive from the mid/late 70s, with a lot of key issue prior to that.

I just don't read and enjoy these particular titles like I used to.......In this day and age, the creative team's behind the characters or more important to me than the characters themselves.  And the writer's nowadays handling these books aren't cutting it like they used to.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »

Sad to see you dropping all those DC titles. I understand, trust me, but with them going $2.99 I was hoping we could push the sales to show Marvel a thing or two ... or two ninty-nine.
 Wink
But I understand.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »

Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corp
GL Emerald Warriors
Adventure Comics- DROPPED
Booster Gold
Titans
Teen Titans
JSA-DROPPED
JSA All-Stars- DROPPED
Birds of Prey
Red Robin-DROPPED
Brightest Day
Flash- ADDED
Legion of Super-Heroes- ADDED
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

Dropping Iron Man.

This book is so damned boring. It's so finesse it's uninteresting. I miss the days when Tony would be that way in and out of suit, until you realized why he was called the 'Invincible' Iron Man and show what a man inside a body-tank could and would do when push comes to shove.

Dropping Incredible Hulk.

The teary eyed b!tch that the Hulk is now has made this book earn my vote of 'Quickest Turnaround from Great to Terrible" this year.

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »

Well I went and did it.......cut my pull list to half of what I'm used to!!! 20 titles a month is unheard of for me. It's easier for me to list what I am reading, rather than what got the axe!  Of course a single issue or mini might creep into the list, plus the occasional hc or tpb, but I think this pull list is more manageable considering how my reading habits are as of late! 

The Walking Dead
Invincible
Amazing Spider-Man
Captain America
28 Days Later
Fables
Unwritten
New Avengers
Avengers
Secret Avengers
Brightest Day
Superman/Batman
Superman
Batman
Echo
Uncanny X-Men
Powers
Scarlet
Kick-Ass
Proof

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »

G; I"m curious as to what you are collecting then!

That said, I cut:

Superboy
Thor
...and maybe Wonder Woman. I think I buy her book so that there are actual numbers going in there.

That said, I collect 2 ongoing Marvel books (FF, Avengers Academy) and 2 minis (Avengers Children Crusade and Thunderstrike), and that's it. I think I'm gonna do my own personal state of the union to talk/vent/get discussed at....

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »

Well, for that or the prior month, it's been:

GL: Emerald Warriors
Incredible Hulk
Green Arrow
Supergirl.

REBELS has its final issue in a few months. Don't get too attached.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 06:24:04 PM »

Really?! Aw man, I  was enjoying that book too!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS