HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:51:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COMIC BOOK DAY - NOVEMBER 24th  (Read 5239 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 23, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »

Hitting my door step Fri ... ooops, T-Day gonna mess up the shipping ... Hitting my door sometime next week -

PREVIEWS

SIXTH GUN #6

ACTION COMICS #895
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #7 (1 more issue. Dropping because it is forgetable)
SUPERMAN #705 (1 more issue and dropping because JMS couldn't make this crap character good)
BRIGHTEST DAY #14
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #54
GREEN LANTERN #59

X-FACTOR #211 (Dropping to make cuts. And get more $2.99 DC comics. Will still read at the LCS ... ssshhhh)
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #649
AVENGERS #7
SECRET AVENGERS #7
SECRET WARRIORS #22 (dropping due to series cancellation)
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #32
CAPTAIN AMERICA #612
FANTASTIC FOUR #585

WALKING DEAD TP VOL 13 TOO FAR GONE

And hitting the LCS for - MORNING GLORIES #4

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »

Wait - your dropping X-Factor but keeping Avengers?   Bad bad bad bad decision, IMO.

I'd drop Avengers just because they're adding RED HULK to the roster.

And then you can keep X-Factor.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 01:29:12 AM »

Grin
Logically, that makes sense, but I just can't drop a Bendis book. Well, I can, as I dropped Ultimate Spider-Man, but I really missed it once I did. I am a Bendis Whore. Shameful as that may sound.

PAD is great, and I love reading his stuff, but as he is writing mutants, which I fear * Grin, I can drop that one easier. Plus, a friend of mine gets all the X crap so I can just read his.
 Wink

(I fear mutants like I fear Batman. I know if I start reading them ... just one ... I will get sucked into all of them, either by curiosity or crossover. Too many books out there feature Batman or Mutants)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »

Here's what the Turkey man is bringing me for Thanksgiving:

Chaos War Dead Avengers 1
EX MACHINA TP VOL 10 TERM LIMITS
FANTASTIC FOUR 585
GREEN ARROW 6
SCALPED 43
SECRET AVENGERS 7
SECRET WARRIORS 22
SHADOWLAND BLOOD ON STREETS 4
SHADOWLAND POWER MAN 4
UNCANNY X-FORCE 2
UNCANNY X-MEN 530
WALKING DEAD 79

I'll also be getting Batwoman 0 and Captain America 612 but I'm thinking about swinging by the LCS and getting them instead of ordering for next week.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »

Brightest Day #14
Teen Titans #89
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS