HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:55:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day! November 3!  (Read 9495 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 03, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »

Week was too small to ship so I won't see these until next week.  That's ok because it will take me that long to get caught up on all the stuff I got the past two weeks!

BRIGHTEST DAY 13   
GENERATION HOPE 1
INVINCIBLE 75   
WOLVERINE 3
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:54:50 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »

GENERATION HOPE 1

So glad you picked this up. I did not, as I am on a no X related pull for awhile, but the writer of this title almost had me pulled in. He is the same guy that was writing THOR before Fraction took over and he just blew me out of the water. He is a fantastic writer. He understand the way to use panels and his dialog was great.

Really ... REALLY hope this title gets some praise so he will get more work ... and get back on a title I 'do' get.

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 12:56:19 AM »

GENERATION HOPE 1

So glad you picked this up. I did not, as I am on a no X related pull for awhile, but the writer of this title almost had me pulled in. He is the same guy that was writing THOR before Fraction took over and he just blew me out of the water. He is a fantastic writer. He understand the way to use panels and his dialog was great.

Really ... REALLY hope this title gets some praise so he will get more work ... and get back on a title I 'do' get.

Smiley

4.5 review ...  Smiley

Nice

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 01:06:57 AM »

4.5 review ...  Smiley

Nice

Awesome!!  That makes me so happy.   Grin

I can't wait to get it!    Grin

- in another week.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »

G.I. Joe #24

Ultimate Spider-Man #15
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 02:11:58 AM »

4.5 review ...  Smiley

Nice

Awesome!!  That makes me so happy.   Grin

I can't wait to get it!    Grin

- in another week.   Angry

Undecided Undecided Undecided

Uh-Oh.
Stopped by the LCS and Byrne stole this ... I had to read it damn it.

Ummmm, wow ... did not like it at all. Hope it hits you better. I just felt lost and the writing did nothing at all for me.

DAMN IT.

He was sooooo damn good on the Thor books ... maybe ... oh hell ... I dont know.

kickgirl91
HR Soldier

Do or do not there is no try

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »

I just finished reading the Batman Haunted Gotham (1999) #1, it was awesome! Getting ready to read:

-Spider-Man Doctor Strange Way to Dusty Death (1992) #1

-Namor The First Mutant (2010 Marvel) #1A

-Scarlet (2010 Marvel) #1A

YAY!

Kickgirl91
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »

Let us know your thoughts on Scarlet kickgirl......I have mixed feelings about continuing this series, but I'm kinda on the fence because I enjoy both the writer and artist a lot.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 09:44:14 PM »

Let us know your thoughts on Scarlet kickgirl......I have mixed feelings about continuing this series, but I'm kinda on the fence because I enjoy both the writer and artist a lot.

Shocked

Crap. I have yet to get to them ... was trying to wait closer to issue 5 before I started ... but hearing you say you are not overly happy has me a little scared as I also am a fan of both creators.
 Undecided

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

Shocked

Crap. I have yet to get to them ... was trying to wait closer to issue 5 before I started ... but hearing you say you are not overly happy has me a little scared as I also am a fan of both creators.
 Undecided

It's just that the main character breaks the 4th wall a lot and speaks directly to you.....it just puts me off a little because I don't identify with the character much.

kickgirl91
HR Soldier

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 02:26:44 AM »

I definitely will let you guys know

Kickgirl91
kickgirl91
HR Soldier

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »

I just finished Scarlet (2010 Marvel) #1A. I thought it was really pretty good. I liked the way they introduced the character and I'm quite curious to get the rest of the series. Personally I love a story about people trying to change things with revenge and/or a strong woman that kicks butt and this was a good combination of the two. I think that her character is quite interesting because once a heart is broken like that it can be a great way to kick start a story with the raw uncaring emotions. I would highly recommened reading. I’m interested in finding out more. As a sidenote, the art is amazing!

Kickgirl91
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS