HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:30:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MORNING GLORIES  (Read 22146 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 01:40:56 AM »

Again, if you are going to read this, reading it collected is the way to go. 

Totally agree.  I'm reading it monthly because I just can't wait the 5 months it takes between the 5 issue TPB's.  I am also buying the 12 issue HC's so I can re-read the whole thing when its done.  Actually, I'll be re-reading the volume you just read sooner rather than later as the latest mind blowing events tie back to those first issues in places that are unexpected. 

... reading this monthly would drive a normal person sane.

Yes - I am completely sane now after reading this.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »

Yes - I am completely sane now after reading this.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Now, now, that is not a typo ... I was using the twist aspect ... I even put a winky face there.
And as I said, it would drive a NORMAL person sane. You are trying to tell us, the people that know you (welll ... know you as much as a message board can  Grin) that you were normal to begin with. I think we all know the truth there.
 Grin

EDIT - You're selling the monthlies though, right?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:37:33 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »

Yes - I am completely sane now after reading this.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Now, now, that is not a typo ... I was using the twist aspect ... I even put a winky face there.
And as I said, it would drive a NORMAL person sane. You are trying to tell us, the people that know you (welll ... know you as much as a message board can  Grin) that you were normal to begin with. I think we all know the truth there.
 Grin

EDIT - You're selling the monthlies though, right?

Ah ha.  Sometimes you have to spell it for those of us with aging minds.   Grin
But maybe I am normal now..thanks to Morning Glories?   Nah - that will never happen.   Smiley

Yes, I am selling the monthlies.  I like having this in collected.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »

Ah ha.  Sometimes you have to spell it for those of us with aging minds.   Grin

Oh no, Lord knows I can't write for crap "no-longer"  Wink and with my drug hampered mind you should jump on things like that as often as you see 'em.
 Grin
(Well, not every-time as we you would never get any sleep)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »

Wow! That first hardcover is some weirdout there, set up stuff. Not sure how I'd like this monthly during the first year, but I think I'm hooked_just like Lost. But it better not screw up like Lost!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »

Wow! That first hardcover is some weirdout there, set up stuff. Not sure how I'd like this monthly during the first year, but I think I'm hooked_just like Lost. But it better not screw up like Lost!

It gets even crazier.  Truly like peeling a giant onion with all the different layers.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 05:37:44 PM »

Half way through the second HC.

LOVED Hunter ripping into Zoe at the hallway before the Woodrun gathering. So...sweet! Delicious! Then the way she turns it back on him...day-um! She's a sharp cookie.

So friggin'...ODD. But glad I'm reading it now. Trying to figure out how one decides to write a story like this. The angles, the twists, the new characters different factions; its all so much! I almost want to reread the 1st HC again to be sure of what I know...and I only finished that just last month!

EdIT: OH, and I see that I can get HC vol 3 already. Looks like the book took a break? Okay, I can dig that. Its so weird to believe or pretend that schooling is going on, what with the events of the characters occurring all around. I wonder how long the secret of the school and all that is carried along.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:45:04 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:25 PM »

I wonder how long the secret of the school and all that is carried along.

The thing is - the answers only generate MORE questions!  And yet, I'm still hooked.   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »

The thing is - the answers only generate MORE questions!  And yet, I'm still hooked.   Grin

Urge to charge the card for Vol 3...rising...rising...

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15:19 AM »

The thing is - the answers only generate MORE questions!  And yet, I'm still hooked.   Grin

Urge to charge the card for Vol 3...rising...rising...

Well if you do, drop be dropping anymore spoilers  Grin I haven't gotten that far yet  Cheesy

What? I can just avoid the thread? Ohhhh
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 02:58:27 AM »

Don't worry Perry; I promise I wouldn't do anything specific. The Hunter/Zoe thing was simply teenagers yelling at each other. Nothing story there. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 09:15:31 AM »

Don't worry Perry; I promise I wouldn't do anything specific. The Hunter/Zoe thing was simply teenagers yelling at each other. Nothing story there. Wink

Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »

Man, I just read issues 26 & 27 in the Season 2 beginner of the third HC-

WHAT THE HELL.

I'm not sure my brain can process.

Great reading of this, the interweaving and layering. However...I am perturbed that in the years it's taken to get up to this point, we still don't know any more about why or what is going on than we did in the first issue. So, the 'Lost' comparison is right there. And if this fails like 'Lost'...I'm going to be hella pissed.

However, there is a way, in comics, to let us the reader know what's going on-in small tidbits; don't give away the whole cow-without the protagonists knowing. I just believe some of that should be occurring here. So many characters talking around the subject, while sounding mysterious and constrained from being able to share is frustrating to me-so very frustrating!!! It falls into that tv trap of "there's no time to explain!!" then they jump into a car together or onto a plane and drive/fly for several hours to arrive at the next scene and DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO EXPLAIN THINGS?!!

That's happened a time or two in MG....and it sets my teeth on edge. There's no good explanation for letting that occur.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 03:11:45 PM »

Finished Volume 3 HC

I'm pissed!!! This has pushed sooo far into just being nonsense. The last 4 issues of this trade (or more issues) were flashbacks and allusions to undone deals. Ghosts walking away. Or wait, astral projections. Or wait, psychic meetings. Or wait, time travel of future selves back to the present. WTF.

The mystery built up of "I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS" is so very much there. However, I feel like I'm losing the faith that it will be explained well, or be a pleasing result. Cliffhangers are just so in that past events are undone, or a big switcheroo is called.

I like mysteries wherein I have an ending to a book that I can read up to. A one and done movie that has an ending there.

I fear more than anything that the bullshit of 'Lost' has really frightened me from putting my attention to this. I'd really like to! But I'd also like to know if this series would end at issue 50 or some such number. 100? All I can say is why.

Not spoilers of actual issues or events (well maybe a little, but without names mentioned, or to a specific issue event), just my reactions to the full read.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »

Lol.  I hear you Jimbo.  I still love the series but it is getting out there.  The paradox's really drive the brain crazy.  I'm hoping they do a better job at the end than Lost did.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS