HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:38:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wizard World Austin - November 12, 13, & 14  (Read 7028 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 12, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »

My friend talked me into taking a half day off today and driving down to Austin for the weekend for this.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tx.html

Looks to be a great weekend for laughs.  Here's some of the old TV stars that will be there:

Lou Ferrigno

Bionic Bonanza
Lindsey Wagnor   Lee Majors    Richard Anderson

Adam West

Burt Ward

Luciana Carro

Gil Gerard & Erin Gray

Ray Park

Mike Grell - Warlord & Green Arrow artist

Joe Madureira

Michael Golden

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »

have fun...take pictures.

would love to meet Kat from BSG!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »

God I had such a crush on Erin Gray when I was younger ... Buck Rogers and Silver Spoons ... ahhh ... Make sure you tell her that.
 Grin

Have fun man
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »

God I had such a crush on Erin Gray when I was younger ... Buck Rogers and Silver Spoons ... ahhh ... Make sure you tell her that.
 Grin

Have fun man
 Cool

I've actually met Erin Gray before here in Dallas.  She's really nice but all into crystals.  But she's still hot which is amazing.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »

...  She's really nice but all into crystals. 

Roll Eyes

Oh ... boy ...

Yes, the life guiding and healing power of rock is an amazing thing that we should all learn and at least respect.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:32 PM »

Well i have to say that so far Erin Gray has been the nicest person to talk to at the convention.  I'll have to retract my snarky comment about her crystal love.

Got Michael Golden to sign a Micronauts #1 & 2 for me.

Got autographs so far from Erin Gray, Gil Gerard, Lou Ferrigno, & Walter Keonig.  Talked to Richard Anderson as well.

Coolest moment:  Walter Koenig saw my Green Lantern T-shirt, made a fist and clicked his ring to mine and then said "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight.  Let those who worship evils might beware my power, green lanterns light!". He said GL was a comic he loved as a kid.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:19:05 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »

Coolest moment:  Walter Koenig saw my Green Lantern T-shirt, made a fist and clicked his ring to mine and then said "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight.  Let those who worship evils might beware my power, green lanterns light!". He said GL was a comic he loved as a kid.

Pardon my language, but I feel there is no other way to describe that other than to say ....

that is fucking awesome.
 Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:24:42 PM »

Lol. Adam West just said that Julie Newmar gave him curious stirrings in his utility belt.

ROFLMAO - he just did the batusi on stage!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »

Ok - It sure seemed like I took more pictures than this but here's what I got.

Me & Erin Gray - my Green Lantern shirt was a hit with Lindsy Wagner (the bionic woman) and Walter Koenig (Chekov).   Lindsy Wagner's son is in the Green Lantern movie   playing Tomar-Re.   BTW - doesn't Erin Gray look good?  Can't believe she's 60 years old.

Lou Ferrigno - not the friendliest, I have to say.

Richard Anderson, aka Oscar Golman from the Six Million Dollar Man & Bionic Woman show.

Hawkgirl was the winner in my book.  Those wings are made from actual feathers and the wingspan was huge.

Walter Koenig - aka Star Trek's ensign Chekov (and closet Green Lantern fan!  Wink  )
CLICK HERE to view a 43 second video

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:10:02 AM »

Thanks for the pics ... damn it. Making me all jealous

Grin

I have to get to one of these damn things sometime.
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS