HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:01:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Battlestar Gallactica Spin Off  (Read 8456 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 05, 2010, 08:11:55 PM »

Syfy Gives the Greenlight to Young Adama 'Battlestar' Spinoff; Movie, Possible Series to Come

The meat:

Syfy has greenlit production of a back-door pilot for another "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff. "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome," which began life as an online series, will follow a young William Adama through the first Cylon war.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »

Ooooh...that sounds cool.  I'm finishing up season 3 of BSG now, and I'll be sure to DVR this show when it comes on!

BTW, how is that Caprica show with Adama's dad?  Is that any good?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:46:11 PM »

Angry
The last episode of BSG ruined any chance of me watching (and enjoying) Caprica and certainly this new show.

SCREW BSG and all its counterparts !!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:37 PM »

Caprica was awesome.  Too bad they've already cancelled it.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »

Angry
The last episode of BSG ruined any chance of me watching (and enjoying) Caprica and certainly this new show.

That's a shame.  Caprica was really good.  The birth of the Cylons.

HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »

Angry

Uh oh.....I hope this doesn't mean that you know who turns out to be a Cylon!!!  Huh Grin Wink

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 03:17:22 AM »

I'll watch it.  I'll probably enjoy it.  But I may never forgive it for replacing Caprica.
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »

Angry

Uh oh.....I hope this doesn't mean that you know who turns out to be a Cylon!!!  Huh Grin Wink

Uhhh....Perry is the seventh Cylon?   Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »

Cheesy
That would have worked better than ... AARRR  Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »

Caprica was awesome.  Too bad they've already cancelled it.   Angry

Cancelled? what the frak? One of the best new shows on lately.
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 03:51:45 AM »

The most common complaints came down to lack of action and unlikable characters.  In short, it failed out the door because it wasn't even the kind of show fans wanted, hence instead of deep character drama and social commentary on real issues, we're getting BSG round 2.  I predict all new whining when they still can't capture the old magic.

Here in Canada they're actauly airing the unaired episodes as if nothing happened and every one makes the cancelation more painful. 
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 02:47:57 PM »

Angry

So I just finished the run of Battlestar Galactica.

Why the disdain towards the last episode?  Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 04:05:50 PM »

Why the disdain towards the last episode?  Wink

Cheesy
(I see what you did there)

SPOILERS ..............................

God making an older Viper pretty much ruined it for me (even though that happened earlier than the last episode) and I kept hoping that they would turn that into something else. But they never did. And then the last conversation between Baltar and her ... putrid.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS