HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:55:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MARINEMAN  (Read 5022 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 30, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »

Not ordering it as I am dropping titles left and right, but for the second month in a row I almost put it on my pull.

It just looks like so much damn fun.

Whoever gets this, must post on it ... damn it.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »

MARINEMAN #1 (OCT100442), a 32-page full-color comic book written and drawn by Ian Churchill and released by Image Comics, will be on sale for $3.99 on December 1, 2010.

Looks interesting and I will be getting the first issue.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:52:35 PM »

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:26 PM »

Looks interesting and I will be getting the first issue.

Well? WELL Huh?

Grin

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 06:03:54 PM »

Ian Churchill bascially made an educational comic about the sea.

That's really what I got from it.

Churchill shows passion for the main character and all things sea related.  Had some interesting info about no-limits free-diving and lemon sharks for you ocean science geeks that miss SeaQuest.  (Wait, does anyone miss SeaQuest?)  Plus, I liked the artwork.  That's the positive I found.

However, the overall story, based on the first issue, shows no signs of the same passion at all.  It introduces the characters, who didn't feel all that special, and without a linking plot until the last few pages.  But in those last pages I'm still unclear what that plot actually is.  And the so-called "cliffhanger" at the end didn't have me wanting to know what happens at all, all I wanted to know is why that was deemed a "cliffhanger."

Maybe it's aimed at kids and I'm in the wrong demo.  But for a kids book there's a TON of dialog here.  Comiccraft was working over time.

Maybe it gets better...pass it off to a child into science and maybe they'll dig it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS