HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 05:47:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS3 Game Reccomendations  (Read 9529 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 04, 2010, 02:35:06 PM »

Now that I have a PS3 - how about some game recommendations?

Any MUST play games?  Anything I should avoid?

What say thee, realmers?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
God of War Collection
God of War III
InFamous
Batman Arkham Asylum
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Killzone 2
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2

Upcoming:
Medal of Honor
Call of Duty Black Ops
Force Unleashed 2
Killzone 3
Arkham City

What's your PSN ID?  Mine's dwigtkschrute.

Enjoy the PS3!  I love mine.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is way better than the original in terms of story and gameplay in my opinion.  Highly recommended....it plays like a freaking Indiana Jones movie...but better in some respects!

Can't go wrong with any God of War.....Lots of violent button mashing fun.  The first one is probably the hardest one, and you don't really need to play the first one to enjoy any of the series.

Infamous is okay for the most part, but I hate how Cole (the main character) jumps....plus some of the open world tasks can be tedious.  Worth a rent at least.

Batman Arkham Asylum is probably the best comic book superhero game I have played.  This is a must play.

If you like racing games...check out Split Second.  Race against your opponents and trigger obstacles/explosives that change the course or blow them off the road!

The PS3 is a beautiful thing.....enjoy the hell out of it! 

my PSN ID is galaxyglenn.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »

Cool!  I think I'll be trying out the God of War stuff and Batman Arkham Asylum first.

My PSN ID is jmcrey

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 08:01:21 PM »

You have chosen...wisely.
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 09:30:26 PM »

this is the beginning of your great love affair with the PS3....let us know if you get stuck in the games and i'm sure some of us can help you out or point you in the direction of a gameguide!

word of caution....once you start racking up those trophies....you will not be able to stop! 

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 01:10:19 AM »

In addition to the games mentioned above, there are also some really cool games on the PSN, especially if you have a HDTV.

My recommendations would include: 

WipEout HD:  Fantastic racing game.  Looks amazing in hi-def.  Now has 3-d capabilities as well.
Pixel Junk Monsters:  Highly addictive tower defense game.  Hours of fun.
Savage Moon:  Another tower defense game similar to PixelJunk, but done from a more realistic, sci-fi angle.
Super Stardust HD:  Straight-up arcade-style shooter with spectacular graphics.

Ones to avoid:  Street Fighter II.  It was the first game I downloaded for the PS3, and will be the first one I delete if I should ever need the disk space.  I downloaded it mostly for the nostalgia factor (loved playing the arcade game back in the 90s), but the controls make the game unplayable.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 01:59:25 AM »

Great games for the PS3:

Uncharted 1 and 2. I would highly recommend playing Uncharted 1 first, as it's really cheap and then move to 2. If you play the first one, you'll have a much, much greater appreciation for how well done the second one is. It's just an amazing game.

God of War Collection is a must if you haven't played the first 2. Then move to GoW III.

If you missed out, Fallout 3 is great. Just great.

If you're an RPG fan, I would recommend Valkyria Chronicles. It's a great game.

Ratchet and Clank games are always amazing if you want a platformer.

Oh, and the following game I cannot recommend enough:

LittleBigPlanet. It's amazing. Simply astounding. If you can get online with your PS3, you have access to over 3 million user created levels. Some of them are just breathtaking. I would definitely get this title. It's roughly 30 bucks for a used copy at GameStop and I would invest in it. You can beat the story mode in a few hours, but the millions of levels you can play online are awesome. Someone actually recreated the entire NES game of Contra as well as the entire first NES Super Mario Bros. game. The things people can come up with are unreal.

Those are some titles to get you started.  Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »

I wanted to recommend Heavy Rain as well.....The game play is unconventional in a good way, and the experience is nothing like you will find on any system.  A murder-mystery to catch a killer with multiple endings depending on the choices you make!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

Best Buy didn't have Arham Asylum last night so I got...don't laugh....Lego Star Wars.  It was cheap and I figured kid friendly.

I'll have to order AA somewhere I guess.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »

Lego games are great. The first Lego Indiana Jones is outstanding, in my opinion.

I don't criticize you for buying that. It's a great game.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 09:30:19 PM »

Unfreakin' real.
Not one damn mention of Bioshock.

You guys just suck.
 Angry

Bioshock, Jeff.
B.I.O.S.H.O.C.K

And then both Uncharted games ... start at 1

(And LEGO Star Wars was awesome !!!)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 12:59:03 AM »

Bioshock, Jeff.
B.I.O.S.H.O.C.K

I'm in the middle of it now on the PC I had to buy in August.

And yes it's awesome!

I'm currently a the theater level.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS