HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:58:48 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who is reading Generation Hope?  (Read 6484 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: November 26, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »

So we have another red-haired Summers child in a new X-book. Anyone reading this series?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »

Yes - I've read issue 1 - a decent start up issue.  Not a fan of the dog-like character but I'll stick through the first arc and see how it goes.

I miss Cable and Hope in the Cable series though.  That was one of my top 5 reads.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:01:47 AM »

I found it pretty flat and rather uninteresting for a first issue. Nothing to make me pick up a second issue.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »

Bummer.  Issue 2 did not get better.  I don't think this writer gets Hope.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:30:21 PM »

Was very let down with the first issue. So much so that I didn't even try issue #2.

Bad news is I don't get to add another writer to my "must reads" list

Good news is I don't have to add yet another writer to my "must reads" list.

Grin

Is a shame though because his Thor work was incredible.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 01:32:51 AM »

I'm bummed out because DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI had a great grasp on the Hope character in the Cable series.  She was fast becoming one of my favorite X-Men.

I'm worried she's gonna become a lesser character in this series and never live up to her potiential.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS