HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:40:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smallville...the Final Season Thread  (Read 13439 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 23, 2010, 06:02:32 PM »

From Entertainment Weekly...

'Smallville' Exclusive: Teri Hatcher to play Lois' mom!

Congrats, Smallville—you have outdone yourself! For the show’s 10th and final season, producers have scored perhaps their biggest (maybe even the biggest possible) casting coup: They’ve snagged erstwhile Lois Lane Teri Hatcher to play mom to Erica Durance’s Lois Lane!
I know what you’re thinking: But Lois’ mom, Ella, is dead! Follow along now…
In episode 8, titled “Abandoned,” Lois discovers old videotapes of her mother. I think you can figure the rest out for yourself. Am I right?
As you know, Hatcher spent four years playing Superman’s soul mate on ABC’s Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. The fact that the Desperate Housewives star was game to do this speaks volumes about her appreciation for that role (and the role it played in her future career). I’m sure they’re also paying her well, too.
Thoughts? At a loss for words? Well, if you should come up with any, deposit them below! And don’t forget to watch Smallville‘s last season premiere ever (sniff) this Friday!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 09:00:48 PM »

I'm not sure if this news is enough to have me tune into the show again....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »

Aw come on - its the last season - outa be good for some nostalgia

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:03:34 PM »

Maybe if they bring back John Schneider and Kristin Kreuk.... Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:41:50 PM »

Maybe if they bring back John Schneider and Kristin Kreuk.... Grin

Ok you got me.  If they bring back Kreuk I'll puke!   Smiley

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:09:41 AM »

I'm in for the last season.  I dropped out a yr or so ago, caught a few eps here and there.

this season sounds like its going to be fun and i'm interested in how they wrap it up.

Teri Hatcher as Lois' mom is great...right up there with Superman the Movie where Noel Neill (Lois Lane from "The Adventures of Superman" from the 50s) played Lois' mom in the Clark running faster than a speeding locamotive scene.  Nice touch

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:49:46 AM »

Last season was actually pretty good overall.  It was the first time I was agrivated (in a good way) by the end season cliffhanger and it had several quality episodes throughout (some bad ones too, don't get me wrong).  I've stuck with it this long, no point quitting now just before the end.

Terri Hatcher?  Well, why not.  what's one more prior superman cast member?
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »

Photos from this week’s episode of “Smallville” which airs on Friday, October 8th @ 8pm!

“Supergirl” (TV-14) (HDTV)
LAURA VANDERVOORT RETURNS AS DC COMICS’ CHARACTER SUPERGIRL — Clark (Tom Welling) is stunned when Kara (guest star Laura Vandervoort) returns to Earth and tells him Jor El sent her to stop the dark force that is coming because he doesn’t believe Clark can handle it. Meanwhile, Lois (Erica Durance) confronts Gordon Godfrey (guest star Michael Daingerfield), a shock jock radio DJ who has been crusading against heroes, after he threatens the Green Arrow (Justin Hartley). However, after Godfrey is possessed by the dark force, he takes Lois hostage and Clark and Kara have to come to her rescue. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Ann Cofell Saunders.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »

Cool!  I liked last weeks episode with Hawkman and the Suicide Squad.  Can't wait to see how this seasons going to wind up.

From the previews of this dark force it's obvious that it's Darkseid.  Should be interesting.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »

Mera Makes Splash on “Smallville”

Newsarama story:  http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/10/05/mera-makes-splash-on-smallville/

Entertainment Weekly story:  http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/05/smallville-aquaman-mera-elena-satine/

HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 04:38:53 PM »

so I watched the first couple episodes from this season.....not bad....

Deadshot was cool except they turned him into a cowboy gunslinger....I guess it works though. 

Since when did they make Green Arrow a regular character that deserves his name in the opening credits?!?  His acting is terrible!  And who is the other girl in the "League" supposed to be playing?  Not too fond of her either.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »

so I watched the first couple episodes from this season.....not bad....

Deadshot was cool except they turned him into a cowboy gunslinger....I guess it works though. 

Since when did they make Green Arrow a regular character that deserves his name in the opening credits?!?  His acting is terrible!  And who is the other girl in the "League" supposed to be playing?  Not too fond of her either.

Wow, you have missed a lot.  GA has been doing cameos since season 6 and been a credited cast member since season 8.    He's actualy one of the better characters on the show.  You just haven't seen him cut loose yet.

Do you mean Chloe?  She's been Clark's friend since season 1.  She's an Oracle type character now.  She runs the Watchtower which is the heroes secret HQ and was a wedding gift to her from Jimmy Olsen on their wedding day. Olsen was killed by Doomsday (season Cool on their wedding day innthe Watchtower.

HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 02:25:40 AM »

I know Chloe....I'm wondering about the dark-haired brooding female that is in the credits....not Lois...

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »

Only other woman in the opening credits is Tess Mercer: Smallville's answer to Mercy Graves.  She's Lex's protoge, Green Arrow's ex, and former member of Checkmate.  She took over the Lex role after he left the series and her ultimate motives are unknown.  She seems to want what's best for the planet, but isn't shy of going to extremes to meet that goal.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »

Did anyone watch last nights episode with Brainiac 5?  Nice trip down memory lane and the best was Clarks visit to the near future.  Finally - whiney Clark is gone now that he's seen what he will become.

I liked how he told his future self that he wasn't cool.  That was funny.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS