HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:42:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League Generation Lost  (Read 16118 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 23, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »

Just curious - is anyone here reading this?  Is it any good.  I'm suspect since Winick is writing it but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #15-16
Written by JUDD WINICK

Issue #15 art by JOE BENNETT

Issue #16 art by FERNANDO DAGNINO

Covers by DUSTIN NGUYEN
1:10 Variant covers by KEVIN MAGUIRE
DC’s biweekly JUSTICE LEAGUE event continues!
In issue #15, the world blames the Justice League International for the recent Chicago death toll and the death of a hero. As our team deals with the fallout, Captain Atom returns from a dark future with information on Max Lord’s ultimate plan – and Wonder Woman plays a major part in it!
In issue #16, the Creature Commandos have attacked the JLI and one of the team lies dying. Meanwhile, Power Girl swears vengeance on the JLI for her friend’s death, but Batman suspects foul play.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »

Not reading it, but is the "Generation Lost" series a regular ongoing title?  I thought it was a miniseries for some reason. 

Judd Winick was always hit or miss with me.  Never full blown hate.  I do like Joe Bennett's art though.  That issue #15 could be good to look at, at the very least!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »

Yeah - I thought it was a mini too.  It is bi-weekly so maybe 24 is the magic number?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »

Here's what's coming next month - October

JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #11-12
Written by JUDD WINICK 
Issue #11 art by AARON LOPRESTI
Issue #12 art by FERNANDO DAGNINO
Covers by CLIFF CHIANG 
1:10 Variant covers by KEVIN MAGUIRE
DC’s biweekly JUSTICE LEAGUE event continues! In issue #11, Max Lord’s trail has gone cold, forcing the JLI to split up and follow new leads. While Booster Gold, Blue Beetle and Captain Atom stumble across a secret cell of OMAC experiments, Fire, Ice and Rocket Red are forced into battle against the Metal Men. But what happens when Ice is pushed too far? 
    In issue #12, Ice has had enough and unleashes all of her inner fury, not only against the Metal Men, but against her teammates, as well! It’s Fire versus Ice in the ultimate elemental showdown!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »

Well, I decided to give in to temptation and try this out.  I bought issues 1 - 6 and read them this week.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Winnick has won me back...at least on this title.

It's really good if you were a fan of the old JLI, Booster Gold, Captain Atom or Max Lord.

BIG THUMBS Up for the first 6 issues.  Now I'll have to order the next arc.

Judd Winick was always hit or miss with me.  Never full blown hate.  I do like Joe Bennett's art though.  That issue #15 could be good to look at, at the very least!

Agreed - loved his Exiles and Outsiders; hated his Titans and return of Jason Todd.

This one so far is more of the former and not the latter.  

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Generation Lost is sooooooo good!

While I do really like Brightest Day as well, my buddy says that if he could have had the chance to pick between the two (he only grabbed BD), he'd take JLGL in a heartbeat.

If there isn't a second Justice League book to come out of these 24 issues, it'll be a loss for the fans. What they have built up with this group, and in secondary books with Booster and Power Girl, would be a shame to lose if they don't keep it going. So good!

And you could keep Joe Bennett on pencils too!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »

Call me ignorant but what is the premise to the series?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

Call me ignorant but what is the premise to the series?

It spins out of Brigtest Day as it starts with a world wide hunt for Maxwell Lord (brought back to life at the end of Blackest Night).  Then Max wipes out everyones memory of him except for Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Fire, and Ice.  He orchestrates things so that they become wanted as outlaws and the stage is set for the hunt for Max by the four heroes.

Thrown in are some nice dramatic details like Booster wanting revenge on Max more for the killing of Ted Kord, his best friend, and a short trip to the future by Captain Atom where some cool reveals are told, and you've got a really fun ride.  They also pick up the new Blue Beetle and a new Rocket Red in the first arc.  It also looks like they pick up Powergirl but I haven't got that far yet.

I definately think you'll like it, Rodney.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:28 PM »

In fact, Rodney, if you want I can send you the first six issues now that I'm finished with them.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 09:28:59 PM »

Coming out this Wednesday, February 23rd....

Power Girl 21
JLI/Power Girl Crossover (part 5)

Justice League/Power Girl Crossover: Part 5 - Written by JUDD WINICK Art and cover by SAMI BASRI

Power Girl fights alongside the Justice League International, and they're moments away from uncovering Max Lord's master plan. Can Power Girl convince others to join their cause? As the battle of this lost generation of heroes comes to a head, sides are chosen and partnerships are forged! 32 pg, FC Cover price $2.99.

Justice League Generation Lost 20
JLI/Power Girl Crossover (part 8 )

Written by JUDD WINICK Art by AARON LOPRESTI Covers by DUSTIN NGUYEN 1:10 Variant covers by KEVIN MAGUIRE Justice League/Power Girl Crossover: Part 8 - DC's biweekly JUSTICE LEAGUE event continues!

All of the pieces are finally in place, and Max Lord's ultimate plan finally reveals itself. This is a special can't-miss issue featuring Max Lord's origin and the reason he's made it his life's work to snuff out metahumans, aliens and the entire Super Hero community. 32 pg, FC Cover price $2.99.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:15:05 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »

I'm a little confused as to how Part 5 and Part 8 are coming out the same day.  What happened to parts 6 & 7?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »

I'm a little confused as to how Part 5 and Part 8 are coming out the same day.  What happened to parts 6 & 7?

Hmmm - DC's site doesn't have them broke into parts - my LCS's website has them listed that way so they could just be wrong.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 11:19:34 PM »

In fact, Rodney, if you want I can send you the first six issues now that I'm finished with them.

That would be AWESOME!!!!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 08:21:51 PM »

Finished issues #7 - 16.

Issues 13 - HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!  I won't spoil anything here but....  HOLY CRAP!!!!!

And now I know how Max Lord completed his Brightest Day task.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

This affects everything - Kingdom Come - Current Wonder Woman title.

I can't believe DC didn't market the heck out of this book.

Glad I got the back issues and can't wait to get caught up.  I'm picking up the three Powergirl crossover issues too.  Not a bit surprised as Powergirl has strong tie to this story - she just doesn't know it yet.

BIG THUMBS UP FOR THIS SERIES!

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 02:35:28 AM »

Jeff, I dont get this title. Go ahead and spoil it for me. PM me if you don't want to risk spoiling for everyone. Please?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS