HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 11:56:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AVENGERS CHILDRENS CRUSADE - The return of Scarlet Witch? YES!  (Read 5414 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 06, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

Magneto, Quicksilver, and the Young Avengers searching for the Scarlet Witch and the trail leads to Dr Doom? Count me in!

The first two issues have been a good setup.  Issue 2 had a nice full page panel of Speed running into Quicksilver for the first time.

I hadn't realized how many connections the YA have to Wanda. Wiccan and Speed could be her children.  The Vision is on this team.  Stature's Dad, Ant Man, is the only Avenger she killed that hasn't come back to life yet.

Lot of good potential for drama with this tale.  Who else is reading?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:27:59 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:16 AM »

Me,

I like it. It has so much of the heart and questions I felt House of M missed or threw out for the sake of plot. I like it when Magneto seems to care for his family. And it raises big questions: was Wanda solely behind the acts or was she being manipulated and WHY did no Avenger doubt her culpability after her long history with them?

I am liking this story so far, and it is amazing how 100% sure the "heroes" are about killing her on sight.

Good story.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »

I know what you mean - I know Wolverine can be morally ambiguous but it almost seemed like a blood thirst for someone who was once their friend.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 06:26:43 AM »

I wonder,

Could have been an outside influence. Wouldn't go after Jean like that.

On to another point. In the original Dark Scarlet Witch storyline, it was revealed that Wanda used pieces of Mephisto's shattered soul in creating her twins. The pieces were reclaimed through an agent of the devil. I wonder if this matter will be addressed.

I like this version of Magneto. And I like that one of the twins if very much like Magneto and Pietro.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »

Issue 3 - THE RETURN OF WANDA MAXIMOFF!

Written by ALLAN HEINBERG Pencils & Cover by JIM CHEUNG Variant Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
THE RETURN OF WANDA MAXIMOFF! The search for the Scarlet Witch is finally over as the Young Avengers find Wanda. But is she a hero or a villain? Is she still the Scarlet Witch? The battle over Wanda rages on as Avengers go up against the Young Avengers, Magneto clashes with Quicksilver, Wonder Man battles Wolverine, and the most powerful villain in the Marvel Universe conspires against them all so that he can possess Wanda himself. 32 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $3.99.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS