HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 02:16:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Karl Urban Confirmed For Judge Dredd  (Read 5578 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: August 14, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28653

Thoughts on the casting and/or the project?
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »

No problem with the casting to this point.  I think Urban will play the part well.  I also love the fact that they're going for the gritty, hard R rating.  I hope that they get the dark feel of that universe translated over to the new film, the way it should have always been.  The last time Dredd was on the big screen was a complete joke.  I'm excited to see a new take.  This new project can't possibly be any worse than the Stallone debacle.  Can it?
-eric-
HR Vigilante

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »

This new project can't possibly be any worse than the Stallone debacle.  Can it?

You aren't seriously tempting Hollywood to make something worse are you?  Because, as we all know, if there is a way to make a crappier film, they can (and will) find a way Grin
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:37:43 PM »

The last time Dredd was on the big screen was a complete joke.  I'm excited to see a new take.  This new project can't possibly be any worse than the Stallone debacle.  Can it?

The first Judge Dredd movie is one of those bad movies that I can't look away from when it pops up on cable.

I like the soundtrack - yeah, I actually bought the CD back in the day.

And I like the look of the Megacity world in the opening.  Even the "block war" scene.  When it comes to me it's hard to go wrong with the flying car futuristic city.

For example, The Fifth Element...not a strong flick.  But the first 20-30 minutes before Chris Tucker enters the frame - I'm enjoying myself.  The look and the costumes in that Heavy Metal Mag. type NYC is enjoyable.

Of course the effects don't exactly hold up well for Dredd on the small screen - then again I saw it in a pretty crappy theater.
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »

Well, it has been a while since I've seen it.  I agree with your opinion of some of the thematics, some of them were  cool.  Maybe Stallone just ruined the whole feel of the movie for me, and Diane Lane's character was just annoying.  The writing overall was just God-awful.  It was made in that time where every action hero had to have a catch phrase, and it cheapened the whole experience.  "I knew you'd say that"

But I do love me some Fifth Element.  Sorry, but I do.  It's one of my favorite sci-fi movies ever.  It's just fun.  Even after Chris Tucker enters the fray.  It's a guilty pleasure, what can I say?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:56:41 PM »

Pic of Urban as Dredd:

Is Karl Urban 'The Law'?? Maybe This Pic Of Him As JUDGE DREDD Will Help You Decide!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS