HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:40:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buffy reboot  (Read 4308 times)
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« on: November 23, 2010, 01:31:56 PM »

Anybody following what's up with the Buffy reboot?  I know nothing abt the new writer--Whit Anderson, I think?

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:26:33 AM »

The only thing I read that's important to me is that Joss Whedon will not be involved.  Therefore, it's not really Buffy.  Automatic fail.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:57 PM »

agrred....this is a bad idea.  the 1st movie is a complete joke and a bad one at that.  this is mainly because the director (who is also involved in this reboot) and joss bumped heads on where it should go and how to handle it.  Joss lost and we got the Krissy Swanson/Luke Perry nightmare.  Some exec somewhere thought there was still something to mine and went directly to Joss...and we got 7 great season of Buffy.

Now we start again with some of the same folks that destroyed the 1st movie.  Hollywood at it's finest.  Hopefully this dies before it gets off the floor or they think better and switch up the slayer.  if they want a new/different slayer, thats fine but to go back to buffy is just wrong especially if they keep Joss out.

Think about it...the only reason they are going back is because Joss did such a good job with the series.  if not for him, there would be no remake beciuase the 1st film was crap and there would be no demand.

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:17:43 AM »

Even if Joss were involved I'd be worried.  It's the kind of magic you don't get to recast to the same effect.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS