HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:45:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shadowland Thread  (Read 11628 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 04, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »

Anyone reading this?  I know its got Daredevil and Spidey in it but what's it all about?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:39:12 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:46:03 PM »

Have not read it yet, as it is in my comic room just waiting. (Don't think Spidey is as big in it as DD).

I hear speculation that it is the end of Matt Murdock as DD ... for awhile, of course. Which as he is leading the Hand right now, good intentions or not, it makes sense.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »

I Byrne stole it from my LCS...basically DD has set up shop and an orinetal styled building in th emiddle of Hells Kitchen where he is protecting that area with an iron fist.  no other heros allowed to interfere in his territory unless the join him and the hand.  Heros start to get a bit nervouse regarding the rumors going around on the intensity of his approach to cleaning house.  Steve sends in Luke and Danny to check it out only to have DD tell them to join up or get out.  they witness bullseye come a callin DD out and fights with the Hand.  DD joins fray, Bullseye is happy until Matt dislocates both of his shoulders and in a second of clarity, Bullseye realizes this is not how DD operates as he is skewered, elektra style with his own sias to Luke and Danny's shock.  end of chapter one

not bad but derivitive of past DD gone over the edge stories.  We all know that bulleye will be back, especially since Bendis spent so much time making him a great character/threat again, probably reserected by the Hand to serve DD.  again interesting but I'm not sold.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:08:25 PM »

Wow.  That actually sounds really good Winger!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »

I haven't read it yet myself either, but damn if Wringer makes it sound cool!  Gonna crack it open tonite!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »

Read #1 and everything went down as Wringer said.  I'm definitely interested in reading further.

The first issue was good except for one quirk....the art.  Billy Tan's artwork has definitely seen some better days.  Some pages look better than others.  Plus John Cassady's cover work is pretty shoddy.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 03:47:15 AM »

So I'm caught up now on my back issues of DD and i've made it past Shadowland 1 and the DD issue after it.

LOVE IT!!

I definitely dropped DD at the wrong time but it is fun being able to read back to back issues. I'm going to pick up the side issues too.  This is some good stuff!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »

Finished issue 3.  Not sure if I like where this is heading but it's still a fun ride.

One gripe though.  If Dare Devil is basically running an army that's hunting down and killing bad guys wouldn't Punisher be on his side instead of Cage & Iron Fist?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 12:03:44 PM »

Shadowland Power Man #1 of 4

Oh man.  Could there be comic with more white man version of jive talk?  Not since the 70's have I read such a ridiculous attempt at dialogue.

The new Power Man could be interesting but I can't get past the bad dialogue.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »

I'm taking a glace at these as the come in...still not buying in though.  Just no intetrest in DD being possesed or on the dark side only to hit bottom and be redeemed sometime down the line.  been there and done thast too many times.  I also guessed we hadn't seen the last of B******.

I did pick up the MoonKnight mini as he is a longtime fav of mine and thought it was good/intetresting...abit confusing if you don't know MK lore and his "personality" quirks.  the art was a bit wonky in parts but survicable.  There seems to be a big reset for MK in that they are focusing on his other charaters and reesablishing Jake and Steve and the mansion, thou Marlene should certainly be writen as more than a flake, she is a professional archiologist and a good figher and shouldn't just be waiting on her man.

I like the idea of the Shadow Knight but wished they had tied him into MK's past...for a second I thought they were going to bring back Randall.  glad they didn't (yet?) as the last time he showed up was a travisty to his original appearance.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »

Just no intetrest in DD being possesed.....

Yep.  That's the direction I'm not wild about either.  To easy a way out for Matt.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »

Coming up in October!

DAREDEVIL #511
Written by ANDY DIGGLE AND ANTONY JOHNSTON
Art by ROBERTO DE LA TORRE
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Vampire Variant by JOCK
A SHADOWLAND TIE-IN.
Hell's Kitchen has exploded into rioting, looting, and all-out chaos, and Daredevil is responsible for it all. As the leader of the Hand and controller of Hell's Kitchen, Matt Murdock knows that conquest of New York is within his grasp. But one of his oldest friends, though, goes to Shadowland to make one last ATTEMPT to save the Man Without Fear from walking the path from which there is no turning back.

SHADOWLAND #4 (of 5)
Written by ANDY DIGGLE
Penciled by BILLY TAN
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
Variant Cover by Billy Tan
The final battle for the soul of New York erupts in Hell's Kitchen, and Daredevil is on the front lines...Hell, he IS the front line! Backed by the full power of the Hand, Daredevil is now more than a match for New York's strongest heroes. With a new right-hand man, Matt Murdock will finally show those who stand against him what it truly means to be a Man Without Fear!

SHADOWLAND: SPIDER-MAN #1
Written by DAN SLOTT
Penciled by PAULO SIQUEIRA
Cover by STEPHANIE HANS
A SHADOWLAND TIE-IN.
MR. NEGATIVE takes advantage of the chaos in SHADOWLAND by launching an all-out assault on THE HAND. Can SPIDER-MAN and SHANG-CHI stop MR. NEGATIVE and his INNER-DEMONS from adding Hell's Kitchen to his growing criminal empire? It's non-stop MARTIAL ARTS MAYHEM as the Wall-Crawler and the Master of Kung Fu face off against Daredevil's ninja army,
a super-powered Chinese Tong, and one of Spidey's most
dangerous foes! Watch out for this one, Marvelites! This adventure will set Shang-Chi down a new path – and leads to strange developments in the pages of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

THUNDERBOLTS #149
Written by JEFF PARKER
Penciled by DECLAN SHALVEY
Cover by FRANK MARTIN
A SHADOWLAND TIE-IN! Luke Cage’s squad of fierce felons face the nature of true evil when they uncover secrets of the ancient order known as The Hand beneath Hell's Kitchen! Will a group of people rarely known for doing the right thing choose a higher path—or will they add to the power of the ninja cult? Meanwhile, as Cage fights to help his friend Daredevil up on the streets, he realizes that he picked a bad time to trust his skeleton crew of criminal operatives on an unsupervised mission! So come on, all you DD fans, pick up this issue and find out why Aint It Cool News raves: “very fun...I love this cast...this one is definitely going back on my pull list."

SHADOWLAND: DAUGHTERS OF THE SHADOW #3 (of 3)
Written by JASON HENDERSON
Penciled by IVAN RODRIGUEZ
Cover by JEAN-BAPTISTE ANDREAE
SHADOWLAND TIE-IN!! Colleen Wing made a bargain with the devil...and now she has to pay the price. Trapped in the dungeons of Shadowland with her new sisters-turned-enemies at her heels, Matt Murdock offers the sword-slinger a second choice: escape from the prison he’s built...or the truth about her dead mother’s shocking connection to the Hand. Can Colleen find the inner strength to stand up to the hero who once inspired her...or will she be forced to lose her mother a second time? Find out in the shocking conclusion that will change this Daughter of the Dragon’s world forever!

SHADOWLAND: BLOOD ON THE STREETS #3 (of 4)
Written by ANTONY JOHNSTON
Penciled by WELLINTON ALVES
Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
Misty Knight...The Shroud...Silver Sable...Paladin! As Shadowland continues to spread across New York City, the strange bedfellows finally come together—each struggling to solve the mystery of the Hand murders! The killing spree shows no sign of stopping, but the ninja’s latest victim is an unusual choice, and casts doubt among our heroes! Will their differences and mistrust keep them apart? Or can they work together to cut through the mystery before it’s too late...and before one of them becomes the next target?

SHADOWLAND: MOON KNIGHT #3 (of 3)
Written by GREGG HURWITZ
Pencils by BONG DAZO
Cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
As the gathered heroes continue their assault on Daredevil’s stronghold, Moon Knight is on a quest for the one artifact capable of defeating the Beast, the dark spirit currently controlling Daredevil. Standing in his way is the evil Shadow Knight, Khonshu’s new avatar and he’s determined to beat Moon Knight to the punch. But Moon Knight knows he cannot fail and he’s willing to do anything, even kill, to ensure Shadow Knight’s defeat. Don’t miss the thrilling conclusion to superstar writer GREGG HURWITZ’s modern noir masterpiece!

SHADOWLAND: POWER MAN #3 (of 4)
Written by FRED VAN LENTE
Penciled by MAHMUD ASRAR
Cover by MIKE PERKINS
The Hand has discovered the new Power Man’s secret identity! And for violating their edicts, he, his friends, and his family will now be dragged to Shadowland and put to the knife—unless Luke Cage and Iron Fist can save him in time! But does the new Power Man even want to be saved?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS