HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:31:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good Guys  (Read 5296 times)
-eric-
HR Vigilante

« on: July 15, 2010, 07:22:19 PM »

Anyone else watching this show?  For soem reason I find it really a lot of fun.  THe acting isn't great, but the presentation is funny.  All in all  - I like it
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »

I thought it was "okay with potential" at first, but a recent marathon viewing won me over a bit more.

Can't give enough props to Bradley Whitford - took me a lot of commercials for the show and almost a full episode to figure out it was him.  How's that for the power of a cop mustache?!

The show flashback formula takes some getting used to, however it's worth it; some interesting storytelling there.

Hard to believe Matt Nix created this show AND Burn Notice - which I'm majorly into.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »

unaware of this show...

what is it?

where is it?

when is it?
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:16:27 PM »

It's a semi-spoof on action/buddy cop shows.  You know, "this cop is straight laced and plays by the rules while his partner is loose cannon bad ass" type stuff.  Each episode they're given a petty crime case that turns out to be connected to a much bigger case.

It's on Fox, but it's one of those shows that goes from one time slot to the next all the time so it can be tough to find.  Right now I believe it is off for summer and coming back in the fall, possibly.

Right now you can watch 6 episodes on Hulu for free:  http://www.hulu.com/the-good-guys
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:46:51 PM »

So my wife and her friends are having lunch downtown and they see a bunch of SWAT trucks and news trucks out in the street.  Turns out they were filming the scene from this weeks episode of this show!

We started watching just to see the parts of Dallas that we hang out in.  The show itself isn't one of my favorites but it's growing on me like a moustache.  And it took me half an episode to realize it was Bradley Whitford as well.

Ironically the building they were investigating in this week is where I used to work.  Actually - two of the buildings they were in I've worked in. Weird seeing your old offices on TV.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
-eric-
HR Vigilante

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:39 PM »

Ironically the building they were investigating in this week is where I used to work.  Actually - two of the buildings they were in I've worked in. Weird seeing your old offices on TV.

As someone who used to live in the SoCal area, it is odd to see your "home" on TV/movies.  I see Joshua Trees all the time and think "Lancaster"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS