HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:37:35 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new NEW AVENGERS  (Read 7802 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 20, 2010, 08:01:05 PM »

Issue 1

Fantastic start here for Bendis and Immonen. Best Avengers book so far ... well ... maybe not, Secret Avengers was pretty damn tight. One 'thing' I do love is my boy Ben is going to be on this team. That excites me a little too much. Kinda scary.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:13:43 PM »

Issue 1

Fantastic start here for Bendis and Immonen. Best Avengers book so far ... well ... maybe not, Secret Avengers was pretty damn tight. One 'thing' I do love is my boy Ben is going to be on this team. That excites me a little too much. Kinda scary.
 Grin

I preferred New Avengers to Secret Avengers by a large margin.  Bendis and Immonen make for a strong pairing.  Maybe it's the cast featured here(Spidey, Thing, Cage, & Jessica), and maybe it has a little to do with me feeling out Brubaker's fit on an "team book".  I ultimately hated his Uncanny run, but Captain America might as well be a team book.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

How can this book be so much fun and the adjective-less AVENGERS be so bad? I know we are less than pleased with the Romita art stylings lately, but just the feel of this book is way better than the AVENGERS. This is fun, even though Bendis still struggles with a team book, while the other may be taken off my pull.

Of course, I think Glenn is crazy not liking the SECRET AVENGERS most of all.  Wink

NEW AVENGERS #6
-------------------------

Anyway. YAY .... Brother Voodoo is doo-doo. YAY. And we get a new spiritual 'villain' out of the deal. Hope to see him arise soon.

Dr. STRANGE ... COME ON DOWN !!!! Get you some, man. !!!! Been awaiting your return.

And hey, we know who the new nanny will be, so I look forward to that as well!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »

Coming in March 2011

NEW AVENGERS #10
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MIKE DEODATO & HOWARD CHAYKIN
Cover by MIKE DEODATO

The New Avengers have uncovered one of the darkest, most well-kept secrets in the history of the Marvel Universe. A secret from Nick Fury’s past that reveals the secret origins of the Avengers themselves. Plus, who invented the Infinity Formula and why was Nick Fury the only person to ever have taken it? Or was he?? Bendis reunites with superstar artist Mike
Deodato Jr. (Dark Avengers, Secret Avengers)  and they both welcome a guest appearance by comics legend Howard Chaykin.
Plus: another illustrated chapter of the oral history of the Avengers!

40 PGS./Rated A…$3.99

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jackassassin
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:19 PM »

THats a sweet cover.  I am liking the new avengers alot, anything with Iron Fist is cool with me... eve with the white costume.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:41:12 PM »

...anything with Iron Fist is cool with me... eve with the white costume.

Oh especially with the white costume.
 Wink

And welcome to the Realm
 Smiley

Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:40 AM »

AAAAHHHHH!!   Not...Howard....Chaykin.....  Please!! Angry
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 10:19:25 PM »

Not looking forward to Chaykin's run.
 Sad

Wasn't looking forward to Acuna's either, but issue #8 was so well done, full of that great Bendis talking-head speak, that I was able to over look it.

This was a great issue. Jeff, did you have this one at least? I know you were talking about dropping it, but was this in your pull before you made the jump? If so ... It had to change your mind ... right?

EDIT - nope, just looked at your comics for the week and you did not get it ... man, I think you made a big mistake here.
 Undecided

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:13:03 AM »

AAAAHHHHH!!   Not...Howard....Chaykin.....  Please!! Angry

Didn't he pencil one of the New Avengers Civil War issues?  I remember everyone in it looked like a Muppet.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »

... I remember everyone in it looked like a Muppet.

Cheesy

NEW AVENGERS #9

Wow. I am a huge fan of Bendis, but this was just a boring ass, poorly written comic. Yes, even by his slow, talking heads standards this issue was as stretched out as the waistband on my underwear. And Ben jumping into action like that ... why again?

And then I find that Deodato, one of my current top 3 artists, can't draw the Thing to save his ass. That was also a souring event.

Not to mention Chaykin's stuff, which I just never have been a fan of his art.

YUK

I guess they can't all be winners.
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS