HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:53:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMC's WALKING DEAD  (Read 57238 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:58 AM »

i did NOT see THAT coming.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2012, 04:57:43 AM »

HOLY CRAP....I'm pissed...I'm shocked...WHAT A GREAT EPISODE.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:14 AM »

Disgusted and disappointed as a fan of the comics. It was a surprising ending, but not a great episode in my eyes.  The pacing is just killing me. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »

Concur. 45 minutes talking about one topic is just dragging the shit out of this show. Now that was followed by, admittedly, an ending I NEVER would have saw coming, and although I don't like losing him as a fan of his acting, it does drive the point home that no one is safe.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2012, 04:38:14 AM »

Just watched it. Wow. Very unexpected.  With this big a divergent from the comic I hope it doesn't mean the other death we're waiting on isn't going to happen in the way we want it to.  Was that vague enough?

As a side note:

If the cow was still alive shouldn't the zombie have still been feasting on him?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:56 AM »

Just watched it. Wow. Very unexpected.  With this big a divergent from the comic I hope it doesn't mean the other death we're waiting on isn't going to happen in the way we want it to.  Was that vague enough?

As a side note:

If the cow was still alive shouldn't the zombie have still been feasting on him?

Ha. Good point.
Maybe he went to pee and on his return ...

Cheesy

Oh ... and that thing ... SPOILER for the spoiler ...
is happening
 Wink
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 11:43:41 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »

you know...i saw a story online the other day (wish i could remember where now... Sad) that said....

wait for it...

a lot of fans were pissed because AMC had released an image of the box cover for the season 2 DVD set.  it said on the box that the set contains bonus material, extras and SHANE'S LAST EPISODE!!!  i wonder now if that was a ruse so that everyone would be expecting shane's demise and the the gut punch of dale buying the farm was that much more intense.  maybe shane will stick around?  it actually would be kind of cool to see him against the governor.  maybe he could meet his demise at the hands of the governor and in his final moments realize that he himself has been heading down this path and he sacrifices himself to save rick.

what you think?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

I am no longer speculating on this show.  Cheesy But ...

I can see where Dale is the one we all heard was so pissed about Darabont's firing (having worked with him in every show/movie he has directed) that he wanted off the show, and this was the out. I also see how Shane can NOT exist in this group. Not because he is wrong (or right) but because the turmoil is too great. He has to die or at least leave.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:42 PM »

What I liked about the episode was that  the ending gave me the same feeling as the book.  Anyone one can die!  Yea some of the hand-wringing this ep was a bit much and could have been handled more subtley but the fact that they caught us completely by surprise, it reminded me of some of the shocking bits from the book:

deaths of Shane and the twin by Carl, Lori and the baby, Carl shot in the head

while i will miss
Dale
as I loved his character in the book...this is not the book and if it played out all the scenes like the book it would become predictable and would loose the edge it has.

I think the end of season 2 will be what is expected, but maybe not how, AMC did a great job on keeping everyone focused and discussing that possible death while keeping this one under wraps and able to maintain the impact.  well done.

I am still really enjoying this series and it's slow burn.  I like the slower pace as it give time to dig into the character and flesh them out so when they buy the farm it hurts.  Is the pacing perfect, no, but it is far better than most shows on commercial TV.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:41:21 PM by Wringer » Logged
HR Celestial

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

I have absolutely no problem adding new material to keep things fresh, or flesh out the characters more to make them more three dimensional, but deviating from the book this much irritates me.  I read that the actor was one of the people who spoke out vehemently when Darabont was let go.  I think that it may have played a part in his demise sooner than later....

Hah.....I just saw Perry's post that touched upon my last sentence...

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

I have absolutely no problem adding new material to keep things fresh, or flesh out the characters more to make them more three dimensional, but deviating from the book this much irritates me.  I read that the actor was one of the people who spoke out vehemently when Darabont was let go.  I think that it may have played a part in his demise sooner than later....

Hah.....I just saw Perry's post that touched upon my last sentence...

i really don't mind when it deviates from the book like that.  keeps it a tad fresh and keeps you guessing.  who knows?  if kirkman had to go back and write the comics over again, maybe this is what would have happened.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 02:19:45 AM »

that final shot was AWESOME!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »

I'm dieing to talk about this episode.  Don't open the spoiler unless you've seen it.

Finally!!!!  I am a little pissed that Carl didn't shoot him like in the comic but we got a bit of a nod with Carl shooting zombie Shane.  I know this season was a little slow but I've really liked it.  As always, Kirkman rewards those who stick with him with a payoff.

I'm a little less mad since Rick killed him and I like the way he did it.  I can't wait to see next week as the zombies over run the farm!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »

The comic book is still better.  Grin

The episode wasn't bad, but it would've had a bigger impact, if it played out the way it did in the comics. It's pretty much cut and dry in the book...in the show, it's up in the air on how you interpret the way things went down.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »

The comic book is still better.  Grin

The episode wasn't bad, but it would've had a bigger impact, if it played out the way it did in the comics. It's pretty much cut and dry in the book...in the show, it's up in the air on how you interpret the way things went down.

I agree totally.  Even though I liked the episode, I'm dissapointed they didn't go the route of the comic.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS