HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:25:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMC's WALKING DEAD  (Read 57244 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 02, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »

First look at the first zombie from the new WD tv show ...

here

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:34:25 AM »

This show is gonna be so good....I just feel it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »

I am counting on it.

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »

Attention everyone.....both fans of the comic and those who have never read the series!

Don't forget to set your DVRs or tune in Halloween night for the premiere!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »

Attention everyone.....both fans of the comic and those who have never read the series!

Don't forget to set your DVRs or tune in Halloween night for the premiere!

Yes, bumping this topic.
 Cool

Tried to set mine last night, but it would not let me set the "record entire series"  option. I don't know if it was just a temporary burp in the system, the fact that there is another show/movie called The Walking Dead that is on before this one ... on a different channel or what the hell.

Got it set though, now I have to go back and set the series up.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 04:35:30 AM »

Yep - mines all set too.  I can't wait!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 02:44:38 AM »

Oh, man.  I'm so friggin' excited about this show!  My DVR's been set for like 2 weeks now.  I spent the better part of the last 30 days trying to find it on the DirecTV program guide, but the guide only shows 2 weeks in advance.  Still, knowing this, I kept looking.  I was that excited.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 07:18:46 PM »

Oh, man.  I'm so friggin' excited about this show!  My DVR's been set for like 2 weeks now.  I spent the better part of the last 30 days trying to find it on the DirecTV program guide, but the guide only shows 2 weeks in advance.  Still, knowing this, I kept looking.  I was that excited.

ROFLMAO - because I did the EXACT same thing!   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 12:16:57 AM »

Me have-a de OCD BAD.  Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 05:24:59 AM »

Freakin awesome....this show is in damn good hands.  Blood, gore, headshots, and flesh eating zombies...etc....it's in there!

I know the journey, but they added in a whole lot of stuff that just expands on The Walking Dead universe....

Love the snarky comment coming from the voice Rick hears on the tank radio....That's my boy Glenn!

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »

Yeah, HIGHLY impressed.  Though, I'm not sure I expected anything less from Frank Darabont.

Loved that they fleshed out the backstory a little.  The scene with the Morgan's wife and him trying to shoot her...that really tore at me.

I'm really glad that this first episode was not a "get him to the others, STAT" episode.  They took their time, let us really experience this world they have created...can't wait for next week.

A side note:  Severely pissed at DirecTV for not having AMC in HD.  Quit with the petty BS and get us some high def ZOMBIES!
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »

A side note:  Severely pissed at DirecTV for not having AMC in HD.  Quit with the petty BS and get us some high def ZOMBIES!

Oh yuck...that's a dealbreaker for me.  I heard that DirectTV might be dropping G4 too.

I'm watching AMC HD on Verizon FIOS.....downside is the measly DVR can hold only about 20 hours of HD quality programming!  Angry

Wish I still had Dish Network.  Best quality/HD programming all around for me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »

Not a lot of time here, but had to drop in and say I though this was a very well done show and even though it was kinda slow ... with reason ... perfect reason, I am ecstatic about this show more than ever. If they can make the first show this superb, while showing the desolation / emptiness, just wait until it gets going full throttle.

Fantastic acting from both main characters (Rick and Morgan?) just drove this episode home.

Gotta go to hospital now because I just busted a nut watching this show.

Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »

Damn, Jeff ... whats up? No comments from you?

Anywho, for those that missed it (and all it's re-airings), or those that deleted it from the DVR or for those traveling and want to catch it on their laptop ...
AMC is streaming the first episode ...

WALKING DEAD - EPISODE 1

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »

Sorry - I watched it Monday night and have been swamped this week.

It was just ok.  I doubt I'll keep watching it.

Ha!  Gotcha!  it was AWESOME!!!  What amazes me is they basically got a whole hour an a half out of just issue #1  (for the most part)!!!!!!!

I've got a lot of my non-comic but zombie loving friends hooked on it too.

I can't wait for Sunday night!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS