HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:25:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Avengers  (Read 16974 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »

That is an ugly cover.....JRJR is just phoning them in.  I can't find one good thing to compliment on this cover!. I don't know if I can blame the colorist or the inker here, because there isn't that much to work with here to make it pop!

Yep - and thats exactly how they've all looked on the inside.  This has been a BIG disappointment especially since it should be Marvels flag title.  I'm wanting to close out the arc before I drop this so I'm hoping this will be the last issue I get.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »

Just finished issue #5.  I like where this story went.  Issue 6 should be the end of the arc.

It's a shame the art has turned me off because the story really isn't that bad.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »

AVENGERS #9 (and Cool

Now this is fun. The last two issues have really started to turn what I considered the worst of the three Avengers books, into a contender of good comics. Even the art is getting tighter. THIS is what J.R.JR should look like, not the crap from the first 6 or 7 issues.

There is one MAJOR flaw that occurred in the last issue however, that I hope will soon be addressed. It was brought to light, or at least brought to my attention, by Rich Johnson's site BLEEDING COOL. I will post the link below, but wanted to give a little update, or small spoiler, for those that are no longer reading this book.

The Infinity Gems were divided by Marvels Illuminati (The big 6 - Reed, IM, Black Bolt, Prof X, Namor, Dr. Strange) to safe guard them. As you will see, Black Bolt was given the Space Gem (Purple).

Now, in issue 8 of AVENGERS we see the Hood, or Robinson now without powers ... without Hood powers  Wink.... find Black Bolt's gem. But now, it is the Reality Gem (Yellow).

WHAT THE ... ??

This is why people bash Bendis ... one of the resons ... I mean, he wrote both of these books. How did this "switch" occur?

I am much interested if anyone knows or if Bendis has said.

Anywho ... HERE is the link to show you what I am talking about.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »

Coming out this Wednesday, February 23rd...

Avengers 10

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Pencils & Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
The Infinity Gauntlet is back! And no power on the Earth can stop it! It is sentences like these that made Stan Lee invent the phrase: 'Nuff Said!! Another pulse-pounding, Earth-shattering chapter from Marvel's blockbuster superteam of Bendis and Romita Jr! Plus: Another illustrated chapter of the oral history of the Avengers! 32 PGS./Rated A Cover price $3.99.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 06:31:06 PM »

For those who didn't enjoy JRjr work on Avengers, there's anew new artist in town...starting with issue 18 artist Daniel Acuña takes over the art chores.

While I'm a huge JRjr fan, this is a good move as Acuña is great artist.  hopefully the colorist will be up to the task as sometimes Acuña's works gets washed out by weak coloring. 
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:30 PM »

How are the stories Wringer?

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »

I'm still enjoying the avengers.  The primary story is derailed by Fear Itself, but the stories leading up were pretty good, of course some better than others.  looking forward to the reformation of Hammer and N Osborn stepping up to be a MU villian instead of just a spidy bad guy.

I enjoyed the 1st part of the Revengers story that started in the New Avengers Annual with WonderMan taking the "new" team apart.  Always loved Simon but he is very wrong-headed in his opnions on the current Avengers and their place in the MU and the damage they've caused.  But it makes for a fun story and it's just nice to see him when he's not all mopey/pinning for Wanda.  a far more agressive simon than we've seen in a loooooong time.  I like it.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 03:30:25 AM »

Perry,

No answer to your question above about the gem switch?

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »

Perry,

No answer to your question above about the gem switch?

Smiley
Yes, the answer was "oops"

That being said, I am also enjoying the AVENGERS and while I am not a huge Acuna fan (his art looks very watercolor'ish to me), I don't 'not' like him either.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »

Angry
Finally break the hold the Avengers has on me, and they pull me back.

Walt 'freakin' Simonson is on for 6 issues of AVENGERS starting with #25. How the hell can I not get those? HOW THE HELL?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »

Angry

Walt 'freakin' Simonson is on for 6 issues of AVENGERS starting with #25. How the hell can I not get those? HOW THE HELL?

Short answer:  You can't.   Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 03:47:23 AM »

Angry

wha wha wha what...Walt is coming back to Marvel...oh my stars and garters this is a good day.  On Avengers no less...this is going to be awsome.  hopefully the first of many for Walt and Marvel in the new yr and beyond. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS