HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:18:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thor - the movie  (Read 16193 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »

It's reminding me of another movie but I can't put finger on which one.....

....oh yeah now I know......

Flash!  Aaaaaaaa!  Savior of the Universe! 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 04:15:03 AM »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... bacon.

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 01:30:40 AM »

To play devil's advocate, I think it's a lot more difficult to make a good Thor movie than it is to make a good film about Iron Man or Hulk.  I've always considered the idea of Thor to be a hard sell, doubly so in terms of making a movie.  It's very tricky to find the happy medium (if there even is one) between a campy, live-action cartoon and an unrecognizable, "modern" update similar in name only.  
Undecided

EDIT: Spelling corrections..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:54:52 PM by Mitch » Logged

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »

I agree with all of Mitch's points and to add my own that it's also a hard sell in the fact that a person has to convincingly deliver lines such as, "Have at thee!!" or "I say thee nay!". There's also the mythology involved as well as not making the costumes, as Mitch used, campy. If there is anything that's going to be a true test of whether or not the Avengers movie will be pulled off in style, it will be this.

Thor is the one franchise in the Marvel Universe that I think is the hardest to pull off.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »

Did anyone see the leaked ComicCon trailer/footage.  It looks pretty good, but just like stills, trailers are a hard thing to gage as you will only see the good moments.  Anyway...I am feeling more confident that this might be good.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2010, 02:38:02 AM »

After worrying for months that this would turn out to be FLASH GORDON (but not with the intent or the same cheezy goodness), the trailer has now dropped and I say ..

IT LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOR

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 03:34:20 AM »

After worrying for months that this would turn out to be FLASH GORDON (but not with the intent or the same cheezy goodness), the trailer has now dropped and I say ..

IT LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOR

I'm in. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

Oh yeah. I'm ready for this. After seeing that trailer, I'm so ready for this.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS