HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:20:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Legion...the Thread  (Read 17621 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 01, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »

Let's get a new thread going about the upcoming Legion series.
For starters, what are your thoughts about the variant cover to issue #1?

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Oh you don't want to know what my 1st thought was regarding this variant cover..... Grin

2nd thing that came to mind is that I am looking forward to this new series, and hopefully it is done right in a way that it will continue for a long time.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 02:56:51 AM »

Awesome!!  I love the classic costume from the 80's.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

I have read Legion off and on for years. I think it would be great to get it back on track and re-numbered (ala the current  Wonder Woman #600).
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 04:48:17 PM »

Legion #1 comes out next week!

Interview with Paul Levitz on Newsarama HERE!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:50:54 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 09:40:20 AM »

I read issue #1 and thought it was a great start. Is Dyogene an evolved Guardian?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

I read it last night as well.

Dyogene might be an evolved Guardian but why would he ignore Sodam Yat and give a ring to Earth-Man?  Lots of questions coming out of this issue but I have to say that it "felt" like a story of the Legion of old.  It's too early to say that we are back to the glory days of the Legion but I think we are off to a good start.  Levitz understands these characters and knows how to write them.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he hasn't lost his touch and so far he's on the right track.

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »

Started out well enough as I had low expectations....I hope the artwork gets better though.  I'm not that impressed with Yildiray Cinar's art.  Wish they could have tapped Gary Frank to draw this....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

Allow me to get the bitchin' outta the way first:
Hate the short haircut on Imra.
Not a fan of the art work.
Prefer coat-less Brainiac.
Was lost, at first, on this "Earth-Man"  Roll Eyes

Now, with all that out of the way ...

I see mucho promise'o with this series to regain its luster of the past. I want this to be the Legion of pre issue 300. Yes, I am talking about THE GREAT DARKNESS SAGA era, but also prior to that, early Bronze Age ... even later Silver Age, where I could not wait to read about this 'kids', month after month.

It was nice to see Phantom Girl's costume didn't change much ... hahaha

That was Blok with the White Witch on Sorcerers World? What happened to her? She is Black Witch now?
Bouncing Boy still with Duo Damsel? (never got that relationship) ha.

Anyway, as I am not reading ADVENTURE COMICS, I am going to need some of you to keep me up-to-date on what is going on over there  Wink, as it seems that will also have stories told of the Legion (I thought they would stop once the series started  Undecided)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:25:35 PM »

Earth-Man was the villain in the recent Action Comics story where Geoff Johns and Gary Frank brought the Legion back.  I think thats when the White Witch became the Black Witch as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Ah. Thanks Jeff.

I hope you keep me up on that other title. Of course, looking at it, it appears that the stories over there in Adventure are set in a different time so it won't effect what I am reading in LEGION ... right?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 03:39:52 AM »

Ah. Thanks Jeff.

I hope you keep me up on that other title. Of course, looking at it, it appears that the stories over there in Adventure are set in a different time so it won't effect what I am reading in LEGION ... right?

Yes. It looks like Adventure Legion stories will take place in the "past" (if you can say that about a team set in the future) when the Legion was hanging out with Clar Kent Superboy.  For that reason I took it off my list as well.

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 07:22:57 AM »

During the battle against Superboy Prime and Mordru

White Witch tapped into some major power. She went back to her world and literally took over becoming the Black Witch in the process. Cannot wait to see that aftermath unfold.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 11:21:06 PM »

Legion of Super-Heroes #2

Written by PAUL LEVITZ • Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR & WAYNE FAUCHER
Variant cover by JIM LEE

Paul Levitz and rising star artist Yildiray Cinar (TEEN TITANS) continue their run on the Legion as a Legionnaire decides whether to remain with the team – or join the Green Lantern Corps! Also, in the explosive aftermath of last issue, Saturn Girl must find her missing children and face the possibility that they may be dead!
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »

Legion of Super-Heroes #3

Written by PAUL LEVITZ • Art and cover by YILDIRAY CINAR & WAYNE FAUCHER
Variant cover by JIM LEE

The xenophobic Earth-Man was once the Legion's most despised foe, but now he's forced to join their ranks! But can his Legion teammates – particularly his one-time torture victim Sun Boy – let bygones be bygones so quickly?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS