HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:54:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Young Justice and Firebreather in mega awesome CN news!  (Read 7868 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »

Young Justice?!

Firebreather?!?!

CARTOONS?!?!?!

http://www.comicvine.com/news/cartoon-network-announces-young-justice-firebreather-more/140957/
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »

Don't know some of this YJ cast.

You got the trio of Superboy, Robyn, and Impulse down which is a must.  (hate that Impulse is "Kid Flash" though)

Yeah, I would greatly prefer the Peter David/Todd Nauck crew and look verses this new Teen Titans thing, but I'll take what I can get.

And those on this board know I likes me some Firebreather, so I can't wait for that!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 09:50:54 PM »

Looks like they completely redid Aqualad.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:52:24 PM »

First glance at the pic I thought it was a black version of Arsenal from the Outsiders days.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »

Firebreather comes out this Wed (both the movie and a new comic mini)!

YJ comes out, I believe, this Friday!

Who's watching what?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »

I caught the premeire of Firebreather completely by accident tonight.  The family was watching the Speed Racer movie on cartoon network and when it ended no one changed the channel.

Having no knowledge of the comic I have to say it was a pretty decent cartoon.  My niece was glued to it so it got the kid approval.  Thumbs up from our family.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »

Looks like they completely redid Aqualad.

It's Black Manta's son (and Mera's nephew) from the Brightest Day series going on now.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »

Really enjoying the show YOUNG JUSTICE.

It is blowing the Avengers one out of the water. The art, the direction, the voice talent is so much better than what Marvel is bringing to the table. This show seems to be geared towards a higher age group than Marvels' EARTH MIGHTIEST, so that is probably the reason I enjoy it more and it seems better produced, but it should be no excuse.

And when the guys at Marvel Animation put a F'n Space suit on Thor ... I knew I was over that show.
Yes, Thor, In a space suit.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »

I never had a problem with this new Avengers show and I'm a sucker for as many MU villains they use.  Not as good as most DC animated stuff, true.  At least it’s far better than "Avengers: United They Stand," or whatever that was.  Marvel has a long way to go to catch up to DC animation - nothing new there, even if I thought Spectacular Spider-Man was FANTASTIC AND WAY UNDERRATED - but this still an okay show for me that has many little touches that go unnoticed by so many. 

Then again I have zero problems with Thor in a space suit.  Grin

As for YJ...

Great animation!  Worthy of their direct-to-DVD movies.  Can't say enough good things there.  Great action.

I like the team’s situation with the Justice League and how Young Justice is given a purpose.  When I first heard about the show I thought fans would feel cheated seeing so many iconic characters pushed back as supporting cast for teen heroes the probably don‘t know, other than Robin.  I prefer teen heroes personally.  I was just imagining what some hardcore Batman or Superman fans are thinking, "Ugh!  The icons are right there and they never see any action?!"  Like that Birds of Prey show that never had Batman, but took place in Gotham.  Must've drove fans nuts.

Speaking of ballsy moves, I admire what a big role this Aqualad has.  Didn't know him from the comics, other than Garth, and I'm sure many were calling him a token character.  And yet he's powerful, heroic, smart, and a leader above Robin!  And it works!  In one episode the character said he's just keeping the leader seat warm from Robin.  Screw that!  Aqualad can stay as far as I'm concerned.

With all this going for it...I still find something is missing that makes it "must see."

Maybe it's where I'm too attached to the original comic with Peter David and Todd Nauck.  I was hoping the show would have that same great chemistry between the YJ trinity of Superboy, Robin, and Impulse.

But Superboy isn't the fun-loving, cocky chick hound - he’s now a moody mess.

Robin isn't the serious brain trying to keep everyone together and focused. (I read it's suppose to be Dick Grayson on the show and not Tim Drake...eh...)

And Impulse isn't Impulse, but Kid Flash.  And not even Bart, but Wally.  The not even nearly as funny or amusing screwball that Bart is/was, but Wally?!

Every movie, TV show, or video game based on a comic has the right to make creative changes in the switch of medium.  I get that.  Honest.

But this show is soooooo angst pumped at times it's ridiculous.  It's more like Teen Titans was last time I read that than Young Justice based - aside from the cast and Red Tornado.

Young Justice (the comic) should've gotten the Teen Titans (animated) treatment.

And the Teen Titans (current comic) should've gotten the Young Justice (animated) treatment.

I guess since WB already used the Teen Titans not too long ago they didn't want to confuse people and just grab the next DC teen hero title they could find.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »

... Then again I have zero problems with Thor in a space suit.  Grin

Ya had me reading until I reached that part.
"I can't abide that there way of a thinken!"

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS