HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:03:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET AVENGERS Thread  (Read 29242 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »

Coming out this Wednesday, February 23rd....

Secret Avengers 10

Eyes of the Dragon: Part 5 of 5 - Written by ED BRUBAKER Pencils & Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.

The action-packed conclusion of our Secret Avengers second secret mission! Steve Rogers face-to-face with an old friend turned enemy! A Secret Avenger in the hands of the Shadow Council! This story may be over, but things are just heating up! 32 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $3.99.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:04:42 PM »

And only 2 more issues of Brubaker as writer

Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 02:23:39 AM »

Bummer.  Who's taking over?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »

Not sure. Bru was just not happy with his own work and asked to step down.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »

Nick Spencer?  Never heard of him....

SECRET AVENGERS #13
Written by NICK SPENCER
Penciled by SCOT EATON
Cover by ADI GRANOV
X-Men Evolutions Variant by TBA
FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN

Armies are mounting against the Avengers on every side, and even the Gods have turned their backs on Earth. With humanity facing it's gravest threat yet, Steve Rogers and his Secret Avengers will make some hard choices about what's just in times of war. And even as they do, a new danger of a different kind emerges-- one that confronts them not in the name of evil or fear, but freedom and liberty.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »

He writes Morning Glories and Thunder Agents. Hmmm, Might be good.

Eaton is there ... that is good. He is no Deadato, but he is a very good artist.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 01:51:16 AM »

Eaton's art is at least very clean and nice on the eyes.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »

From ifanboy yesterday...

Beginning in Secret Avengers #16, superstar Warren Ellis takes the reins of the special ops team Steve Rogers assembled for a series of hypercompressed single-issue adventures, each a balls-out action film in 22 pages, as they covertly confront and eliminate those threats to life and liberty growing in the shadowy corners of the world, far from the eyes of men.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 01:39:41 PM »

And sadly, my last issue will be #14.

I love me some Ellis and I love me some Avengers, but I decided I was dropping this title when I found Brubaker was off, and nothing has changed that (other than I wanted to read the couple Nick Spencer issues showcasing Valkyrie.

Not a fan of the Ellis previews I have seen either.  Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »

Issue 20

Now this is what I've been looking for from Ellis on this title.  Very good issue focusing on Black Widow and Meleev's art is good too.

Pick this up - its a stand alone issue and you won't regret it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

I concur.

Of course anything ... ANYTHING ... with Alex Maleev art in it is a good thing, but this also had a good "done in one" story. Felt very PLANETARY'ish but hey, that can never be bad.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »

I'm getting more and more excited about Remeder's upcoming run on Secret Avengers.  Check out this article about it.  The Reavers are coming back along with Deathlok!

http://marvel.com/news/story/17976/the_father_files_deathlok_deathstrike

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »

Angry
Deathlok? Damn it.

I couldn't care less about the Reavers, but Deathlok ... Yes ... DAMN IT. Still not getting this ... still not getting  ... still ...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

Secret Avengers #22 & 23

Remender is off to a great start.  Jaw dropping ending on issue 23.

After 2 years has this title finally become what it should have been all along?  Right now I'm saying yes!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

Issue 30

The new masters of evil, Max Fury, and Task Master.  Not a bad story / not a great story.

Anyone else still reading?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS