HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 04:57:36 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET AVENGERS Thread  (Read 29243 times)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »

I'm a bit behind on my Avengers books, so I'm assuming Deodato is off of Dark Avengers?

Dark Avengers ends when the Siege Event ends.

Sad Cry

But where will I get my Osborn/Thunderbolts/Villain Team fix?  Sad
But he joins Brubaker on the SECRET AVENGERS.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:32 PM »

Alternate cover to issue #1

www.IAmAnAvenger.com

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »

Issue 1 is off to a good start.  I liked this #1 much better than the Avengers new #1.

Moon Knight is an interesting addition to the Avengers and I'm really happy to see Beast back with the Avengers.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »

agreed...my only complaint is that in the opening scene, Valk should be taller than Natasha  Grin

otherwise, all is good and I'm looking forward to next issue.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »

agreed...my only complaint is that in the opening scene, Valk should be taller than Natasha  Grin

Ahhh, very true. Very, very true.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »

Undecided  I'm actually considering this one, but I'm a little hesitant because of the artist.  Deodato is a talented artist, but I absolutely loathe his fantasy casting / celebrity lookalike art that he has done in other books.  If someone can assure me that the art is original, I might be tempted to pick this up.  I don't want to get invested in this title only to see Steve start to look like Ryan Seacrest or some other idiot celebrity.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 04:18:04 PM »

I can only assure you of a quality, well done, product, off to a great start.

After that, you're on your own.
 Grin

He is an amazing artist, who does something you can't stand. That is not an easy thing to get over. I am not going to bash you because I know that I (Hell, we all) have certain things about certain artists that just drive us mad. That being said, I think you will miss out on a very good book ... if you can't get passed your personal issues.
 Cheesy

(Man, that sounded rough. Sounded like I was slamming you. I am not. I have the same ... Oh screw it. I hope you take that with the lack of levity intended)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »

(Man, that sounded rough. Sounded like I was slamming you. I am not. I have the same ... Oh screw it. I hope you take that with the lack of levity intended)
 Grin

No worries, I know what you meant.   Cool  I've actually previewed some panels online and they do look pretty sweet (of course it didn't hurt that the samples included Widow and Valkyrie).  Anyway, I've been re-reading my Captain America trades and I've been itching to get back into some newer material now that Marvel has (hopefully) got all of these "events" out of their system.  Thanks for the recommendation.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 01:47:21 AM »

Grin

No worries, I know what you meant.   

Thanks. I feel like Brian sometimes. Just blasting people for the hell of it. Pushing my own agenda and feelings.

Oh yeah ... buy more marvel.
 Grin

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

now that Marvel has (hopefully) got all of these "events" out of their system. 

*snicker*

Surely you don't think that there's not a new event on the horizon that hasn't been "A Marvel Comics Event 10 years in the making"?  Roll Eyes

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:48 PM »

Oh yeah ... buy more marvel.
 Grin

I've been marvel-less since OMD, so buying any Marvel would be buying more.  Smiley  I'll consider the trade once it comes out.  Bru writing Steve in cloak & dagger stories is hard to pass up, even if Deodato starts copying his art out of an Entertainment Weekly again.  Cheesy

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 01:59:12 PM »

Surely you don't think that there's not a new event on the horizon that hasn't been "A Marvel Comics Event 10 years in the making"?  Roll Eyes

Cheesy  I could be mistaken, but I believe I read somewhere that they were going to try to keep future "Heroic Age" crossover events on a smaller scale and contain them within book families (i.e. X-titles, Avenger titles, etc.).

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 10:24:23 PM »

I liked it well enough.  Deodato's artwork does not have the feel, this issue anyway, that he used the latest entertainment magazine for reference. 

I just don't know if Moon Knight and War Machine are a good fit.  I'm sure Brubaker will make me think differently given time.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »

Coming in October

SECRET AVENGERS #6
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Penciled by MIKE DEODATO JR.
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Vampire Variant by AMANDA CONNER
Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO
Everybody is Kung Fu fighting... as the Secret Avengers descend into the depths of Marvel's darkest corners on a new case that
brings them face to face with a Master of Kung Fu and many forces of evil. Ed Brubaker and Mike Deodato bring you another
twisted tale of Marvel's most popular new Avengers team.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »

SECRET AVENGERS #6
-----------------------

HELL YEAH. Shang-Chi, bitches !!! Damn I miss him as a prominent character in the M.U. (not that he ever was, but for me, when I was younger, he was as I only got a couple of books ... and his was at the top all the time).

I suppose his father is still going to be Yellow Claw, which sucks, but hell, good to have him back if I can't have Fu-Manchu.

Between SA and the new Heroes for Hire it is a good time to be a master of kung-fu fan.

Infact, if I ever get caught up with my comic stack, which I am vowing to do today ... be totally done ... I am going back and re-reading some of the best comics ever made - MASTER OF KUNG-FU !!!!

Damn I am rambling, but trying to be superfast on the posting after I read each comic.
 Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS