HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:50:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Super Dinosaur  (Read 3918 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

With a mix between Ben 10, Generator Rex, and  Land of the Lost, but 10 times better than any of those, you have Super Dinosaur.

A boy genius and his intelligent, speaking dinosaur fight a megalomaniac, who controls an army of “super dinosaurs” and uses them for his own evil intentions.

Simple name.  Simple concept.

Make no mistake though, simple works just fine here.  It’s like a great Saturday morning cartoon back in the day in a comic format which adds more personality and inner monologue.

Many comics claim to be “all ages.”  In Super Dinosaur I give you the real deal. 

If there’s a comic you want give a kid - make it this one.  If there’s an adult who’s misses some plain fun adventure, sci-fi comics without the overly dark overtone - then get this one too.

Speaking of which, a prequel “origin special” to issue one will be available for free on Free Comic Book Day this Saturday!  A great jumping on point.

P.S. Jason Howard’s work has never  looked better.  He’s stepped up his work in a short amount of time.
Not Liefeld
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:50:50 AM »

Yeah, I keep hearing about it. But I haven't picked it up.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »

Picked up issue #1 over the weekend and it not that good to me.   Undecided

Definitely geared towards the younger set.  The way the kid always says how he is "awesome" got tiring.  That Dynamo kid toots his horn way too much.  Very annoying.  Only thing I did like was the story twist about the father.

It was weird that they had to contract people out to fix SD's armor.....genius kid should make some robots to take care of that.  Those types are always so hands-on with their inventions, and to let some person whom you just met just take their own liberties with the armor was strange.

I was really expecting it to be a whole lot better, as I liked Kirkman and Howard's previous pairing in Astounding Wolf-Man, but Super Dinosaur (again, for me) paled in comparison.

Maybe my 4-year old will like it.  I think this would make a better cartoon than comic.

P.S. Tok....Ben 10 and Generator Rex yes, but this was not better than the original Land of the Lost..... Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS