HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:48:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MOON KNIGHT  (Read 15041 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 06, 2010, 04:19:31 PM »

Coming out tomorrow, April 7!

VENGEANCE OF THE MOON KNIGHT #7

“KILLED, NOT DEAD,” PART 1
Guest-starring Deadpool!  Herman Goncharenko lies at death’s door, wasting away of cancer, but someone wants him killed, not dead.  Someone desperate enough to hire a certain mouthy mercenary to do the job.  Gonchrenko’s only hope just might be the reformed Moon Knight – if he’s able to withstand the force of nature known as Deadpool, and if Goncharenko is, indeed, worth saving.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »

1st 6 issues were pretty good in realligning MK into the heros corner (never really thought he was all that bad, mabe a bit brutal but he left everyone alive).  really hoping they dive back into his personallity issues and Marc/Steve/Jake were always the more interesting aspect of the character.  but as said, I'm enjopying the title so far...anyone else reading?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:58 PM »

I tried the first two issues ... fighting back the urge to not try, as the writer has never left me feeling good about purchasing any of his work, but I was really surprised at how much it didn't suck. In fact, I thought it was kinda good.

I had decided to stop pulling it anyway, so I let it die, but I am awaiting it's showing on MDC, as shocking as that may sound (considering who is writing).

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

who's writing?  huston?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:18:22 PM »

who's writing? 

Greg Hurwitz.

I KNOW, RIGHT??!!!!!
 Cheesy

huston?

Oh no, other than his last book (which I am still feeling the horrible effects of) and ... well ... DEATHLOK, I can and do dig Huston's writing. Even though, yes, his Moon Knight was a little disjointed. His novel style doesn't work as well in panel form. I think he found that out ... or at least I hope he did, with Moon Knight.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »

New Year - New Series!  And with the reuniteing of Bendis and Meleev no one should skip this!!!!

In Stores on May 4, 2011

MOON KNIGHT #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV
Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
Variant Cover by BRYAN HITCH

The wait is over! Moon Knight is here...like you ' ve never seen him before! And we mean NEVER! The Eisner award-winning team of Bendis and Maleev tear into the mythos of Moon Knight with the same verve and derring-do they brought to Daredevil.  A  MARVELOUS reinterpretation of one of the most enigmatic characters in Marvel history starts right here!

48 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »

Well, I am not skipping it, but I am not sure I like were it is going.

I like MK being a 3 personality guy. It is a weakness and a strength, but now he is suppose to also think he is Wolverine at times? Spider-Man occasionally? Captain America?

I don't know.

This is a great creative team, and I am going to get it, but ... me so worried.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 02:25:17 AM »

1st issues out...so what do you think?  Personally I'm biased cause I'll read anything MK appears in good bad or ugly.  This is pretty good and just different enough that it doesn't seem like a rehash.  Not a huge fan of Maleev art as I find it a bit too dark and muddy but i'm sure I'll get used to it.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 01:08:17 PM »

MOON KNIGHT #1
(yes, spoilers)

Had to swing by the LCS to grab a few things (bags, boards, etc ...) so I decided to go ahead and read a few issues that I have coming to me.
Yes, I cheated on my "wait until it gets here" rule.
 Grin

MOON KNIGHT was the first one I read, as it was the one I was most looking forward to and the one I was most afraid of ... having heard the rumors of Cap, Spidey and Wolverine being "part of Marc's psyche. Needless to say ... well ... not needless, as I am about to say it  Grin ... ahem ... needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

I loved the way Bendis use the Cap, Spidey and Wolverine trio. Sadly, it was not a shocker, as I had heard they were part of it (hell the cover even says so), but I was just elated that they were used as an external aspect of his mind and NOT that he switches his mind over and becomes them. Thank you Bendis for that.

As far as the art, I am usually a huge fan of Maleev, but here, I agree, Winger, it looked a little muddy and almost blended in too much. It got better towards the end, but those first few pages with Hyde were pretty murky.

Sooo ... who is trying to get the Ultron?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »

I liked it too.  The end page was a nice surprise for me as I was not privey to the premise.

A little strange for me since Huston's Moon Knight was my first real introduction to MK.  Bends rarely disappoints so I'm in for awhile.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »

A little strange for me since Huston's Moon Knight was my first real introduction to MK. 

REALLY? Wow. I did not know that. As much as I love me some Huston, I could not imagine trying to read his Moon Knight without any back knowledge of the character. The way Huston writes is so all over the place and when you are dealing with a character who is, mentally, all over the place as well ... I am surprised your head didn't explode.
 Grin

I think I have the first 10 issues of the original MOON KNIGHT series around ... somewhere ... I think ...if you want me to send them to ya. I know I had them, but can't remember if I gave them to somebody already, around the time when Huston's run was starting.
 Cheesy

Bends rarely disappoints so I'm in for awhile.

Yep

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

Coming out tomorrow - June 1st!

Moon Knight #2

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV Moon Knight's startling true nature as a one-man Avengers team stands revealed! Now, in the guises and identities of Spider-Man, Wolverine and Captain America, Marc Spector wages war against organized crime in Los Angeles. But who is the Kingpin of crime in L.A. and how does Moon Knight plan to bring him down? 32 PGS./Parental Advisory Cover price $3.99.

JON SNOW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 06:59:59 AM »

It's definitely an interesting take on MK. Bendis and Maleev are a great combo, and I personally think Bendis is at his best when he's dealing with a character who operates from a place of emotional darkness. His run on DD showed that the more f'd up the characters life is the more interesting the stories are. MK is mos def on my pull list.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »

I'm sticking with it...not sold on MK wearing the others costumes but willing to see where Bendis goes with this. 
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:11 AM »

I'm sticking with it...not sold on MK wearing the others costumes but willing to see where Bendis goes with this. 

Yeah, this is what I THOUGHT I avoided after issue 1.  I thought it was going to be a case of these "other" heroes just talking to him in his head and not my initial fear of having him think he is other heroes. This bothers me more than it should. I like Marc being screwed in the head enough to talk to himself while thinking he is talking to other characters, but not sure I like him crazy enough to actually think he is them and dress the part.

Its like Punisher killing 11 year olds that are selling drugs. Yes, he is still doing what he does so it isn't out of the realm, but there is a line that I wouldn't feel right about him crossing. Same with Marc. Is he a hero or is he Norman?

Still, I like Bendis, so I will give it a few more issues

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS