HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:45:42 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Last Airbender  (Read 6360 times)
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« on: March 16, 2010, 12:29:58 AM »

Is anyone besides me excited to see this movie?  I have to say it's one of my more highly anticipated movies for this summer.  After reading THIS I'm even more giddy than before.  I happen to agree with the guy writing the article in that the animated series is one of the best that I have ever watched.

If you haven't seen the trailer, check it out HERE.  Make sure to watch trailer #2. 

I know what some of you may be thinking about this movie, that it's directed by the same guy that brought you The Happening and Lady in the Water.  But it's also directed by the same guy that brought you The Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable.  I have faith that the latter and not the former showcases his talent here.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »

I know what some of you may be thinking about this movie, that it's directed by the same guy that brought you The Happening and Lady in the Water.  But it's also directed by the same guy that brought you The Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable.  I have faith that the latter and not the former showcases his talent here.

LOL.  That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read the article, Ed.   Cheesy

I've never seen this annimated series so no excitement here but I will definately keep my fingers crossed that you'll get a Sixth Sense type movie!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:59:04 PM »

I happen to like all M. Night movies.....even the less popular ones.  His movies are just so completely original in their premises, and I appreciate what he is setting out to do by taking risks to tell a story in a unique way.  My buddies are big Avatar The Last Airbender fans, and I have confidence that Shymalan will do the series justice.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:18:51 PM »

Never watched the show, but I really enjoyed the previews of this movie.

I am also a huge M. Night fan and think this will pop.

(of course saying that, I have to agree that THE HAPPENING was utter garbage. I can never watch another Mark Wahlberg film again ... he is dreadful.)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 02:01:12 AM »

Seriously, you guys need to watch the animated series. There are 4 seasons. There's a little light humor to the series that probably won't transfer over to the big screen adaptation, but it really is an awesome series. Put it on your Netflix Q. I doubt any of you would be disappointed.
kickgirl91
HR Soldier

Do or do not there is no try

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »

I loved the animated series and I enjoyed the movie as well even though they were way different. I doubt that there will be a sequel.

Kickgirl91
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »

Caught this movie on a recent plane ride......thought it was pretty entertaining!  Even though it was a critical and commercial flop, I hope that they continue the series with maybe a different director.  It is a good story that deserves to be told on the big screen again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS