HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:25:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hulk Thread  (Read 19652 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:29 PM »

Anyone reading fall of the hulks.  not a fan of loeb at all but Pak is a great writer and what he did with Hulk in Planet Hulk and is now doing with Banner has been great.

Issue 606 Banner takes on Doom with surprising results...if you haven't been keeping up, do a yourself a favor and pick it up...everyone seems to forget how smart Banner really is and Pak is exploring that aspect and it's a lot of fun.

Enjoy
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »

I'm following.  Although my pull list is down to 6 titles, I still pick up Incredible Hulk, as he has always been a fav of mine, especially when written as well as Pak has been writing him.  I know that some people on the boards here named Perry  Wink think that there's nothing interesting that they can do with Hulk anymore, but I say nay nay, there is.  I'm enjoying it quite a bit. 
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »

Pak's Hulk is great. Love to read about Banner. And how Banner is manipulating his/Hulk's son Skaar. We've all figured out that the young grey is actually the real child, and that the green mammoth is actually the controlled rage filled figure that is the whole focus for his hate of his father, right?

However, Banner's a bit too smart....as he is a physicist specializing in gamma radiation, the fact he does so much tech building is a bit....much.

It's like asking a veterinarian to do open heart surgery on a human. It's a matter of close, but really NO cigar in either case.

But I'll look past it.

To hell with Loeb's work on Hulk.

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58:02 PM »

spoiler

I thought it was amazing how easily he took Doom out...a bit of fisticuffs with a robot and boom, Doom is throughly defeated and not in a..."you win for now but i'll be back" kind of way.  this defeat will certainly effect Doom for a long time to come when he recovers.  Great move.

As for the tech side...i do believe he created not only the gamma technology for the bomb but the delivery system as well.  In the old days he was always inventing some kind of device to hold the hulk in check...and when he could not control his changes he created a device that would turn him into the hulk as needed...certainly no slouch in the tech dept.

Either way it is good stuff...now if loeb would just disappear All would be fine...I'd really like to see Pak and PAD be the writing team for these books.  I think they would work well together as they both have a firm grip on the characters of hulk and bruce and do far more with them than just "i must stop the hulk from hurting anyone" and "hulk smash"

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »

Did they ever reveal the true identity of the red hulk?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 06:27:25 PM »

not yet...really dont care anymore.  I think it's a Talbot (Glen or Brother) but really Loeb is so bad I have very little interest in RED...but Green with Pak has been great.
CAPTAIN UNIVERSE
HR Sidekick

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »

can someone tell me if the savage she-hulk will be ongoing? i picked up #1 yesterday says fall of hulks under her name with i think its son of hulk on the cover. i haven't followed her since like 2005. and i saw a nice cover and figured the art work was the same. but she looks really good. the art work is really cool.so wasn't sure if its a mini or ongoing. i asked the guys at the store but they're not sure.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »

It's a 3 issue mini ending in May.  You can read about it on our preview pages: HERE

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »

So the great "mystery" has been revealed in Hulk #23.  We now know who the RED Hulk and She-hulk are.  Anyone read this crap.  completely predictable and boring and really just stupid.  For every good thing Pak does, Loeb just piles on the sh!t.

I know Pak is involved in directing where this is going but this is just stupid and uninspired.  i wont spoil for those who have not read it yet but yeesh.

Still loving Increadible as it almost seems like a different story and Bruce gets Doom again in another classic moment.  Paks Banner is excellent.  It amazing that an interconnected story-line can be so vastly different in quality depending on the writer.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »

What makes Hulk great is that he is nearly a singular entity (yeah, there was She-Hulk, but she didn't get the madder/stronger angle).

This stuff is just all garbage. Pak hits some great moments, but the ease of making Hulks, and the lame reveals of the the 2 Reds is lame and jarring. Make it all go away!

Jimmy T since 2001
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »

Okay, spoil me--I'm not gonna read this trash, but who is the Red Hulk?
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

Just sent you an email Rich to give others time to read and post thier disgust.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 06:08:36 PM »

Spoil me too.  I'm curious but I'm not going to buy it.

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:29 PM »

Thanks Wringer....and are you effin kidding me?  Sigh.  I hope all this hulked out everything gets over with soon.  They've really ruined this title.  Incredible Hulk used to be a premier title, and now it's a joke.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »

Thanks Wringer....and are you effin kidding me?  Sigh.  I hope all this hulked out everything gets over with soon.  They've really ruined this title.  Incredible Hulk used to be a premier title, and now it's a joke.

I have to disagree...Hulk is a joke as written by Loeb.  It is his title that deals with all things Red.  Incredible is like a different book altogether and has been filled with great character pieces and has been a shinning star with Pak at the helm.  Even through all this junk, Incredible has remained a high quality product that is still very readable and enjoyable.  It is a testiment to Pak that his title has kept its focus on the Banner team and has had very little involvemnt of all things Red, considering this is a crossover that is a very tough trick (though Pak is involved with the orverall direction so is not blameless in these events).

personally i have not read an issue of Hulk since he punched out the Watcher in issue 5 I think (just looked at the last page of the current issue for the reveal).  I have continued reading Incredible the whole time, i can easily follow the story w/o having to read Loeb's Hulk and it is a solid title.

Please do not confuse the two as the atre vastly different.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS