HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:20:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRIGHTEST DAY... SPOILERS!!!  (Read 28406 times)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 06:04:40 AM »

I have to be psyched about Ronnie Raymond Firestorm being back.

Really, really, tempted to pick up that Generation Lost series.  I think I can stay away unless they put Guy Gardner in it - then I'm toast.

I'm right there with ya. Right now there are two words on that ad that are keeping me away from it:

JUDD WINICK

Embarrassed

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »

Wow. I looked right over that.  All I saw was the Jeith Giffen name.  Thanks fir the save. I'll easily skip Generation Lost now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »

Notice Deadman's got the White Lantern ring...

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »

F'n Deadman ... love that guy, hope he dies again.
 Grin
(hate the mask thing though)
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 12:36:01 PM »

WOW! this is off to a great start. Curious to see who gets a happy ending and gets destroyed. I was never a fan of the dead Deadman but I like the alive Deadman. The only thing I didn't like was Sinestro on the last page. I understand this is a series after the Blackest Night, but I would love to NOT see a yellow, red, or green ring (except for Jade) for awhile.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »

Ya know,

I like the use of Hawkan/woman, Hawk/Dove, Jade, Aquaman and Firestorm. I wanna see where this goes.

As a GL springboard, ya know we gone get some rings in here. But, I hear ya.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 02:48:04 PM »

I've actually come to enjoy Winnick's work in recent years, and the team up with Giffen for Generation Lost has me excited. Don't let yourself become twisted with the taint of Grindrod's blind vitriol lash outs.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 12:18:27 PM »

This was tons better than I was expecting. Although all "set-up" ... it's an issue 0 comic  Smiley, this really caught me up on a lot of things I wasn't aware of or just missed, being the non DC guy around here.

Still hate Jade for some reason and not a fan of Kyle, but other than that looking forward to this 'event' (mystery)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »

On sale July 7th...

BRIGHTEST DAY: THE ATOM SPECIAL #1

Written by JEFF LEMIRE • Art by MAHMUD ASRAR & WALDEN WONG • Cover by gary frank

Discover all-new allies, enemies and adventure as The Atom leaps from the pages of BRIGHTEST DAY into this one-shot special! Rising stars Jeff Lemire (SWEET TOOTH) and Mahmud Asrar (Avengers: The Initiative) update the Atom’s origin and kick off the tiny titan’s next major story, which continues this month in ADVENTURE COMICS #516 (see page 87). If you thought you knew Ray Palmer, then think again! The smallest hero in the DCU is about to become one of its biggest, and the excitement starts right here!
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »

An upcoming BD cover...

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »

Finally got around to reading this, and for the first time in months, this might get me back into reading DCU proper again.

I am curious where they take Hawkman/Hawkgirl as I was a huge fan of Johns earlier run and subsequently the Gray/Palmiotti stories.  I'm glad that Kendra has full awareness of her past lives.

Firestorm could be an interesting read, but I don't know how much of the whining and belligerent Jason Rusch I can handle roaming around Ronnie's head.  Never took a liking to that guy.

I always like those panels where they give us a peek into the future, but sometimes when we finally reach that point, I get pretty disappointed. 

And what about that part with Maxwell Lord?  Was he trying to give himself a mindwipe so that he can be a better person?  That's what I'm hoping!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »

Anyone read Issue #1 yet?  What did you think?

Cover by DAVID FINCH. Written by GEOFF JOHNS and PETER J. TOMASI. Art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, ARDIAN SYAF, SCOTT CLARK and JOE PRADO.

BRIGHTEST DAY continues, but in ways you can't possibly expect! What does BRIGHTEST DAY mean to the DC Universe? Is everything from here on out going to be bright and shiny? No, BRIGHTEST DAY means something else entirely, something we can't tell you...yet. But we can tell you our heroes will need to rise up more than ever to combat the forces of evil, and a select few will uncover a secret that binds them ALL. It all begins in the specially priced issue #1!

HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:21 PM »

Issue #1 was real good....and pretty much picks up where #0 left off.  Really like the direction of these first few issues so far, and it's doing a bang up job of drawing me into the DCU again.  Maybe it's because I'm just getting stories here and there in little snippets, but for whatever reason it's working! 

Black Manta......sweet!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »

Brightest Day #2

Written by GEOFF JOHNS & PETER J. TOMASI • Art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, ARDIAN SYAF, SCOTT CLARK & JOE PRADO • Cover by DAVID FINCH • Variant cover by IVAN REIS & OCLAIR ALBERT

BRIGHTEST DAY continues, but in ways you can’t possibly expect! What does BRIGHTEST DAY mean to the DC Universe? Is everything from here on out going to be bright afnd shiny? No, BRIGHTEST DAY means something else entirely, something we can’t tell you…yet. But we can tell you our heroes will need to rise up more than ever to combat the forces of evil, and a select few will uncover a secret that binds them ALL.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:07:33 AM by Gay Titan » Logged
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 10:30:49 PM »

Read 3 and 4 last night, and this series is really keeping my spirits high, and reigniting my interest in these DC characters.  The journey that Deadman, Aquaman, Firestorm, and the Hawks are being set upon have really captured my attention.  At the right time too....as my faith in the DCU proper was waning.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS