HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:43:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRIGHTEST DAY... SPOILERS!!!  (Read 28402 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: January 11, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »

This morning on DCU Blog The Source, DC Entertainment "kicked off 2010 with some major news." The follow-up to Blackest Night, as some deduced, is simply called Brightest Day.

Starting in April (just after the conclusion of Blackest Night in March) with an issue #0, the series will be 26 issues long and ship biweekly. Writers Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi, who currently write the two Green Lantern series, will be writing the new book. Fernando Pasarin will do the art for issue #0, but no regular artist was announced on the main series as yet; it will however have multiple art teams to facilitate the every-other-week schedule. It was heavily implied that Johns and Tomasi will also continue writing Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, respectively, and that both books will tie-in to the series.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:02:19 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:40:11 PM »

The promo art that goes with it....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »

Wow.

I really don't know what to think about this. Honestly. I am intrigued, kinda, but I am also weary.

Is this ... hell ... I don't know.

Is this DC's way of getting out of the 'darker tone' books, or getting back to heroes being heroes (like Marvel is hinting they are doing) or ... I mean, who is the antagonist here in this 'event'? How can there be one? I know it is only a tease and questions are not going to have answers yet and I blame no company for cashing in and making money on a popular item (although I know Brian will be here shortly to slam DC for doing the same  Grin), but this may be a very bad thing for DC.

You go too far and for too long, you lose.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »

I quit buying comics, for the most part last month, due to financial considerations.  However, I do pick up 5-7 books at my LCS every month, and Green Lantern is one of them.  I will be very unhappy if this series is a necessary buy in order to keep up with the core GL book.  I have been able to get by without buying GL Corps, but this sounds a lot like a money grabbing operation to me, rather than a creative necessity.  Can't they cover this material in the two core GL books for the next year or so and get to the same place?  Not excited. Angry             
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »

the series will be 26 issues long and ship biweekly

DC is one of the biggest reasons I'm burnt out superhero comics in general.....not going to fall for this one! Roll Eyes

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »

Updates...

Other titles will launch under the "Brightest Day" Banner, the first of which is The Flash, the already-announced series starring Barry Allen and from the creative team of Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul. A full Cover for The Flash #1 is in the viewer to the right. More to come shortly!
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

The Source just keeps pumping out more information today, about "Brightest Day" as an initiative, not just a book. Titans will be seeing a relaunch under the banner, with a new direction and new creative team, as well. Eric Wallace and Fabrizio Fiorentino will be the new writer and artist, respectively, starting with Titans: Villains for Hire Special. The team will now be lead by classic Titans enemy Deathstroke the Terminator, and feature Tattooed Man and Cheshire, amongst other unnamed villains on the squad.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 06:44:17 PM »

DC is bringing Justice League of America under the "Brightest Day" banner, starting with April's issue #44. A bright indeed character is featured on the cover, along with the Justice Society of America, marking the new teams' first team-up. Also of note is Jesse Quick appearing in her new speedster costume, straight out of The Flash: Rebirth #5.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »

Titans will be seeing a relaunch under the banner ...

Smiley Yay !!! Hopefully the can get it right this time ...

... The team will now be lead by classic Titans enemy Deathstroke the Terminator, and feature Tattooed Man and Cheshire, amongst other unnamed villains on the squad.

... oh

Well, nevermind. That moment of glee was shortlived.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »

DC is bringing Justice League of America under the "Brightest Day" banner, starting with April's issue #44.

Bagley botched that cover and looks like he phoned that one in.....not Bagley's best that's for sure. Really, is that the best he could do for Batman, Gog, Power Girl, Hourman, etc....?!?!

Updates...

Other titles will launch under the "Brightest Day" Banner, the first of which is The Flash, the already-announced series starring Barry Allen and from the creative team of Geoff Johns and Francis Manapul.

I will give this a chance.....I hate Manapul's art, but Johns might make me forget about it.

Titans will be seeing a relaunch under the banner, with a new direction and new creative team, as well. Eric Wallace and Fabrizio Fiorentino will be the new writer and artist, respectively, starting with Titans: Villains for Hire Special. The team will now be lead by classic Titans enemy Deathstroke the Terminator, and feature Tattooed Man and Cheshire, amongst other unnamed villains on the squad.

Sounds like a good time for me to drop this book altogether!  New #1 and a relatively unknown creative team....plus a team I'm not at all interested in!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »

Let's get this thread updated...

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07:29 PM »

I have to be psyched about Ronnie Raymond Firestorm being back.

Really, really, tempted to pick up that Generation Lost series.  I think I can stay away unless they put Guy Gardner in it - then I'm toast.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

Issue #2

Issue #4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 02:59:32 AM »

Love that Aquaman cover on #2.  Sweet  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS