HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:26:10 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Green Lantern Movie  (Read 18624 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »

Parallax?  I'm dubiious.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 12:53:32 AM »

This week's Entertainment Weekly...

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, 01:38:12 AM »

I know I'm being premature.  I know I may change my mind later.  But...

... seeing Reynolds in that get-up has me waiting for the reboot of this movie already.  Undecided

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 03:30:44 AM »

Check out the spoof pic of this over in the Thor Movie thread.  We got a little side tracked over there and talked about this pic.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »

While I don't hate this costume or the ones in Thor they seem to be off the mark.  Then again, everyone hated the X-Mens leather.  Set photos are tuff to judge as there is no motion to see how the costome moves if that makes sense.

I wonder if GL costume could still change before release.  It is completely CG and it could be pretty easy to put a different skin on it.
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 02:33:57 PM »

The costume is a bit iffy, but my main reservations are with the guy in the costume. 

Reynolds as GL and Evans as Cap?   Huh   I've got nothing against these guys, but the casting has me completely baffled.  Is there only 5 or 6 actors to pick from these days?  It may just be me, but it seems to me that there used to be a lot more actors roaming around out there.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 06:12:02 PM »

Perhaps no one else is willing to put themselves out there and take that risk. If that is the case, then kudos to them.

The Dark Knight
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:44 AM »

I really like the striated uniform. While distinguishable from the normal comic uniform, I think that this translates the basic idea into something that could work better on film. Only thing that concerns me is the lack of color variation. Obviously, we don't have a shot of the legs, but if the arms are any indication, the entire suit may be the striated green. I'd like more variation. I don't the think the white gloves from the comics would work well on film, but there needs to be something ...

As far as the mask goes, I'm not sure .... I don't like seeing the pupils. It should be all-white eyes or no lens in the mask at all.

Other than those minor misgivings, I find the look extremely encouraging. This is probably my most anticipated comic-related film in production - it looks like WB and DC are making it work.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »

Geoff Johns twittered last night that they wrapped up filming Green Lantern yesterday.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »

Have you seen the trailer?

GREEN LANTERN TRAILER CLICK HERE!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Sinestro and Kil' look F'n FANTASTIC !!!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS