HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:54:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Green Lantern Movie  (Read 18625 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 09, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »

Blake Lively is Carol Ferris

Click Here for More

Variety article: Click Here
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:52:35 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »

I know I would Carol her Ferris
(or is that Blake her Lively?)

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 01:19:30 AM »

Definitely a decent choice to "fill" the Star Sapphire role.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 03:27:55 AM »

I'll have to be honest.  I'd never heard of this actress but she does look the part. Should be a good compliment to Ryan Reynolds' Hal Jordan.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 02:10:21 AM »

Ten bucks says she won't be a  Star Sapphire and if the movie doesn't do well, she won't reprise her role if a sequel is greenlit.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05:27 AM »

Ten bucks says she won't be a  Star Sapphire and if the movie doesn't do well, she won't reprise her role if a sequel is greenlit.

Is that $10 for both prognostications or $10 for each? I'll sure as hell jump on the last one as they usually sign sequel deals before filming the first.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »

Is that $10 for both prognostications or $10 for each? I'll sure as hell jump on the last one as they usually sign sequel deals before filming the first.
 Grin

Well, as far as I know, Blake Lively is a b!tch to work with.

Also, interesting to note that her IMDB page hasn't even recognized this.

Just a thought.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

Ahhhh,  'Bitch' Lively. Got ya. Maybe they will make her a red lantern in the sequel.
 Grin

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »

Ahhhh,  'Bitch' Lively. Got ya. Maybe they will make her a red lantern in the sequel.
 Grin

I see what you did there.  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 02:10:26 AM »

From a Bendis Tweet -
Green Lantern Movie has it's villain

Really?

WOW
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 04:25:32 AM »

How can you have a Green Lantern movie without Sinestro?

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »

If that's true, I am going to be very cautious and intrigued about how they pull that particular villain choice off. Looks to me like they're playing the "Dark Knight" card by keeping the villain psychotic and psychologically damaging to the hero instead of going "space opera" which is what I would have assumed they were going to do with all aspects of it. Looks to me like Hal won't even leave the earth.  Undecided

I'm not sure about this.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 03:33:38 PM »

I hope Sith is wrong. I would love to see Hal leave Earth, at least for training (which would be done by Kilowog, if not Sinestro).
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

A better pic of our villain...

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 04:01:22 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »

CBM got their hands on the official plot summary for the upcoming "Green Lantern" film, starring Ryan Reynolds, Peter Sarsgaard, Blake Lively and Mark Strong. Martin Campbell is directing the new movie, which is scheduled to hit theaters on June 17th, 2011.

Plot: In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan (Reynolds).

Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax... he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS