HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:00:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CAPTAIN AMERICA  (Read 19501 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 08, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »

God damn, I miss Captain America. #602  ... where are you?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:54:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:46:44 PM »

not reading Reborn are you Perry? 

satisfies my craving for Cap!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »

Yeah, I am (kinda what got me started thinking about issue 602).

Haven't read it yet, though.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:13 AM »

I wish they would have just run Reborn in the regular series.  Would have felt better.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »

agreed...great story but no need to seperate it from the ongoing...if marvel is smart, CA will come back as 608 incorperating Reborn and weild the shield...not going to happen but i can hope
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44:07 PM »

God damn, I miss Captain America. #602  ... where are you?

Well it's out now......I'm wondering if I should read my Reborn #6 first?!?!

HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:47:35 PM »

God damn, I miss Captain America. #602  ... where are you?

well reading this issue went entirely too quick...not bad, but this issue with the 1950s crazy Cap seems pretty cut and dry.  I'm hoping Bru has something more planned.

And holy hell does the Nomad backup suck hard.  Hated it.   Angry

i need to read something good fast....these last 3-4 books i read are spawning so much negativity! Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

This was my first book in a few days I have had a chance to read. Not great, but nice to see Bucky get a normal looking arm and good to get back to "this" Steve wanna-be and his aryan type of views. As I love the Nazi villains, his version of what America should be will do fine with me as an evil quest and can't wait to see his pompous ass get stomped.
 Grin

And I agree with Glenn. The back-up story was a joke. I stopped reading half way through.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 03:28:33 AM »

I consider 'Reborn' to be the worst thing to happen to this book in it's newest existence.

It was a bore. And a joke.

Perhaps I missed a 'nuance', but was Skull's plan to trap Steve Rogers in time? And then he messed that up? Really? That was your plan? How about cut off his f'ing head and throw the pieces away if you have it?

I really just want the book back on it's current track; Buck out with old Cap allies doing Cap things in his manner. That I dig.

And it better pick it up and fast. I have no love or care of the Girlie Nomad back up, especially for an extra buck a book. I may speak with my wallet in the next 2 months and just say goodbye.

Jimmy T since 2001
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »

Love how the Cap clone outsmarted Falcon and Bucky.  I love that comment made about Bucky's plans always involving getting himself captured.  Wish the main story could've gone on a little longer reading wise.  What I don't like is paying extra for the crappy backup story.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »

Agree.

On the back-up story - at least we only have 1 more to go. Thank god.

On the 'real' story - Hell's yeah. Love that the 'crazy imitation Cap' is back causing trouble. I figure if I can't have Nazi's, he will have to do. He has to run in the top 5 Cap villains for me. His ideals are so screwed it makes him a perfect anti-cap.

I still hate those damn "holo-graphic wings" on Sam, however. Reminds of the damn holo-graphic shield that Cap had for a time (like in the first AVENGERS re-launch). Get Stark to make him some damn wings that conceal easily, damn it.
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »

New Mini coming out tomorrow, April 7!

CAPTAIN AMERICA/BLACK PANTHER:FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS #1 (of 4)

Written by REGINALD HUDLIN
Pencils & Cover by DENYS COWAN

For the first time ever, see the full story of the first meeting of Captain America and the Black Panther! It’s a World War Two adventure featuring a young Steve Rogers, the Black Panther and Nick Fury and his Howling Commandos in combat with the nastiest Nazi villains in the Marve Universe!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »

I don't need to read any further.  This is gonna blow.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

And they said we never agree on anything. Bah. You tell 'em, Glenn.
 Wink

HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

And they said we never agree on anything. Bah. You tell 'em, Glenn.
 Wink

Grin Grin Grin

I knew we could find common ground on bashing some individual/book!

What irks me too is that Marvel's go-to guy for anything Black Panther is Hudlin.  I would hate that it become known that Hudlin is synonymous with Black Panther.  That guy has a mad hard-on for the character.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS