HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:30:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PS3 or Xbox 360  (Read 14466 times)
medic741
HR Soldier

« on: December 21, 2009, 12:54:01 AM »

I dont have a blue-ray yet. My main focus is Final Fantasy 13 and AC2. Which system should I upgrade to?
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:17:23 AM »

Well, based on your criteria, you might want to opt for the PS3.  FFXIII & AC2 are not console exclusives so you can go either way, but if you're looking to upgrade your home viewing experience, then the Blu-Ray coupled with the PS3 is the choice for you. I think what it boils down to is which system has or will have the games that you want to play. 

I got a PS3 because it had God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Metal Gear Solid 4....plus I'm not into Halo. Wink

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:34:04 AM »

Yeah, it's really a toss up. There are a few exclusives for both consoles, but if you're gunning for a Blu Ray Player, then PS3 is the way to go.

I don't even have a PS3, I have a 360, so that says a lot.  Tongue

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »

The Blu-Ray player in the PS3 is about the best you can buy. I think it was like the the top 3 rated players. If you are buying a Blu-Ray player anyway, then yes, get the PS3. It is without a doubt the best value.

If Blu-Ray is just the added bonus, as it is for me, then it really decided on -
A) What games you like more
B) What you want to do with the games you like

If you are into online, co-op, team or group play The XBOX 360 just flat out kills the PS3 in it's online gaming.

However, if you are just the casual online gamer, the PS# network will do fine and unlike the 360, it is free ... for now.

The PS3 has, to me, the best exclusives however.

360 has -
HALO
GEARS OF WAR
and that new ALAN WAKE game I want to play (looks cool)

But the PS3 dominates with -
UNCHARTED (BEST GAME EVER  Wink)
GOD OF WAR
RESISTANCE
INFAMOUS
RATCHET AND CLANK
LITTLE BIG PLANET
And hopefully soon ... HEAVY RAIN

I say, for the money, PS3 is easy.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

Ditto what Perry said.  I have both systems, and I love them both for their own merits.  But if you are looking for a Blu-Ray player as well, PS3 is the way to go.  Happy gaming!
medic741
HR Soldier

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »

Thanks everyone... I think I will go for a PS3 for now  Grin
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »

Speaking of which, I got a PS3 for Xmas.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »

Cool
Congrats.
Now run out (don't walk) and get Uncharted 2 or at least Uncharted (It's a Greatest Hits now, so it is on the cheap).
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 11:33:58 PM »

Cool
Congrats.
Now run out (don't walk) and get Uncharted 2 or at least Uncharted (It's a Greatest Hits now, so it is on the cheap).
 Grin

I went out and purchased Metal Gear Solid 4 (been waiting 5 years to play it, I'm a huge MGS fan), LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

Gonna check out Uncharted 1 from GameStop (employees get to check games out as many times as we want) before purchasing Uncharted 2.

I loves me some LittleBigPlanet.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »

So I'm debating buying a gaming system and I was leaning towards the PS3.  I'm glad this thread was here b/c now I'm convinced.  I'm going to go for the PS3.

Will it play Bioshock?  (I know, I'm still way behind)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 09:49:01 PM »

So I'm debating buying a gaming system and I was leaning towards the PS3.  I'm glad this thread was here b/c now I'm convinced.  I'm going to go for the PS3.

Will it play Bioshock?  (I know, I'm still way behind)

It does play Bioshock, and you will not regret your purchase of the PS3.

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »

Make sure you let us know what your PSN id is.  Maybe we can play something sometime.  Maybe...  Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 02:52:05 AM »

Sadly, my wife's car went into the shop and then two days later my laptop died.  My PS3 money went away.   Cry

Good news is I now have a decent PC that I can play games on until I'm ready to get the PS3.  I'm thinking it would be a good Christmas gift.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 01:07:03 AM »

So I bought $300 with of Sears gift certificates for $150 on an online auction.  Went to Sears tonight and....you guessed it!  I pulled the trigger and bought a PS3!!!

Anticipating this purchase, I had already ordered the Netflix CD and am streaming movies as I type.

I've got a PSN ID.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with it.  Wink

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »

Play games.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS