HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:43:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207777 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »

For someone that I thought was out of comics for awhile, you sure are showing a hell of a lot of titles.
 Cheesy

GO GET EM, JIMBO!!!!! GET PAID !!!!  Grin Cool

Gotta quit looking at it. Sales are up tomorrow; numbers of watchers increased alot today; stupid excited!

Now it's all about the hunt; what can I sell in floppies, and what kind of deal can I get in trades?

Next challenge (accepted)! Green Lantern, here you come!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »

ahhh newbies  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Comics sell better on the weekend.  I always do a 7 day auction to get the most visability .

Yep, absolutely. 7 day auctions are virtually a must for any comic auction as you can go two or three days without even a look sometimes. In fact, as Jeff mentioned, the most looks come on Friday nights and Saturday evenings, so I always try to end mine there to get the "most eyes on the prize near the end of its demise"
 Smiley

If nothing else, and if you are in a rush, try a three day auction but start it on Thursday  Smiley I just like those 7 days. Get the small bidders out of the way early and they, like fish in the ocean, attract the larger "biters" ... bidders
 Grin

So I took your guys' advice on this one, and put it back up. It's scheduled for 7 days and starts tomorrow at 6 pm Pacific Time.

Same deal applies to Hero Realm members if you purchase it: Free shipping. Message me after winning the auction, and I'll send you a revised invoice.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

Well just missed my $20 average for this latest comic lot by one darn dollar. Got $10.50 for those first 12 Winter Soldier comics and $28.50 for the first 12 issues of the current Thor title. A total of $39.00

Juuuust missed the $40.

Not bad considering the WS lot was incomplete and an old run

... And good luck, Nate.

Edit - Ahhhh ... should I? HERE
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:51:12 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2014, 08:38:29 PM »

Edit - Ahhhh ... should I? HERE
 Smiley

ABSOLUTELY!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:24 PM »

What do you do when you decide you're going to lose alot on a sale?

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

So here's the link to the Infinity Set. It goes on for 7 days, ending at 7 pm Pacific Time next Sunday night (1/26):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221355944314?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649

Complete mini-series, Free Comic Book Day Prelude Issue, and Avengers & New Avengers Prelude and Tie-In Issues. All Bagged & Boarded, and all include unused Digital Codes. Low starting price at $8.99 for all 14 issues.

Also up for auction, at the same time and for 7 days as well is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1, Vol. 1 (DC Comics, September 2012). Bagged and boarded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221357727890?ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1554.l2649

Low starting price at $4.99.

Some of the sale goes to the Blind Cat Rescue Sanctuary.

Same deal applies as before. Hero Realm members get free shipping. Just message me after winning the auction and let me know who you are and I'll send you a new invoice, minus the shipping cost.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:22:39 AM by EmeraldWarrior420 » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2014, 11:36:21 PM »

What do you do when you decide you're going to lose alot on a sale?

I never do. Again, I go with the mind set I am ridding myself of the books, not trying to "get value". Plus, other than that $3 and something Wolvy auction, I've been pretty happy. But maybe I am just not getting what your asking.
 Smiley

If you are just putting your comics up to get the most money, are you first looking at what the same books have been selling for prior to trying to auction them? Remember we suggested that in the first thread? I mean if a set of books has only been selling for $1 it may not be worth putting them up if your goal is to get $30 for them. Ya know what I mean?

Hope your not "losing" too bad. I guess you could always pull em before a bid comes in

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2014, 12:36:17 AM »

Selling lots for $2? That sucks.

Jimmy T since 2001
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:26 AM »

I set my stuff for whatever would be the lowest possible that I'd be okay with. That way if I get anymore than that, then great. If it doesn't sell, then no loss.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2014, 03:08:14 AM »

Selling lots for $2? That sucks.

Sure. I can see that, but again that only happened to me that one time, and even then I had it hit for a crappy $3 and something. But again, did you do the research first? See what the books have been selling for? Either way, I feel for ya, that sucks.

Of course having auctions end on a holiday weekend got all of us this week.  Sad Too many bidders lost to doing family/friends stuff. Didn't even think about it when I listed.

But I list to sell. Different than what you want it seems. Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2014, 03:23:49 AM »

Sure. I can see that, but again that only happened to me that one time, and even then I had it hit for a crappy $3 and something. But again, did you do the research first? See what the books have been selling for? Either way, I feel for ya, that sucks.
Nope I did some initial checking out stuff. I was pleased with my Nu52 Flash, Flash Rebirth got what I felt it would, and a Batman Inc lot was fine. It was the 3 others that netted $6.50 total over volume 4 Flash, Batman Inc pre Nu, and a load of Flashpoint minis. Just...disappointed is all.

Of course having auctions end on a holiday weekend got all of us this week.  Sad Too many bidders lost to doing family/friends stuff. Didn't even think about it when I listed.
Ah nertz! Never even gave that a thought.

Hey now; I'm not looking to make my retirement fortune off these comics, but I'd rather see my time not wasted for $1.50 when the tides are poor, is all. Wink

Just stuff to grow on, and on how to list or do things different; if necessary is all. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2014, 03:32:09 AM »

I want to get as much as I can but the books I put up on eBay are there to clean out the collection.  I've sold some lots for $2.99 and for me that's better than zero.  But I definitely get great feedback from some excited person who got that deal and then sees that the comics are bagged, boarded, and in NM condition.  It's one of the things that helps build up that 100% Feedback score which can lead to more bidders.  Then you'll have some that go for way over what you paid for them and so over time you should wind up with an overall nice amount of money.

Either way, I just like knowing that they went to someone who will enjoy them instead of the bottom of the trash can.

Speaking of which - all this talk got me off of my butt as well.  I've had stacks of books surrounding the collection waiting to go up on eBay.  I went to put them up today and discovered that I did not list a single auction in 2013!  I just can't believe that.  August 2012 was the last entry in my Turbo Lister!

So it looks like this will be the year I clean out the closet.  So here are my first items going up for 2014.  Click on the linky below if your interested and, as always, Hero Realmers get free shipping from me.

Jeff's eBay Linky

I'm also trying a little experiment.  Since DC and Marvel seem to be heading to the $4.99 an issue route, I decided to see if it might be time to move up my starting bid prices and followed suit.  Let's see if changes anything.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2014, 03:53:36 AM »

I like your experiment style, Jeff.  Grin

And yeah, if any of you happen to want/bid on myself, I won't charge you shipping. Sa'll good by me. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #134 on: January 20, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »

Hey now; I'm not looking to make my retirement fortune off these comics, but I'd rather see my time not wasted for $1.50 when the tides are poor, is all. Wink

Yeah, didn't mean that to come out like it did. I just meant that I couldn't care less what I get for my auctions as long as they are out of my comic box. I will still piss and moan about low winning bids and I still try to only put up book lots I think (hope) will pull about a $20 average, but as long as I get some money, I am usually pretty good.
 Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS