HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 04:38:19 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 208559 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:50 AM »

Well, based on all your recommendations (and what I even know to be true), I've lowered all my sales ...

OH MY GOD!! JEFF, HE FELL FOR IT!!!

Wink

Well, you'll either sell them for less than you wanted, sell them for more than you wanted, sell them for what you had originally priced them at or not sell them at all. That is my promise.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »

Well, based on all your recommendations (and what I even know to be true), I've lowered all my sales ...

OH MY GOD!! JEFF, HE FELL FOR IT!!!

Woo Hoo!  Let's pick up some quick deals!!   Grin

Only kidding of course, Jimmy.  Good luck on your auctions!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »

*crossed fingers*

Still super nervous....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2014, 01:11:37 AM »

Cheesy
All part of the process man.

But honestly, if you are that ... leery ... change those suckers back. If you are not ready to take a chance, that's cool, but maybe you would be better if they didn't sell if you didn't get what you want.
 Smiley

You can also always start low and add like a "Buy it Now" for $20 or whatever.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2014, 02:20:29 AM »

At least, for my benefit, my first floppies I'm selling is Blackest Night-which I got in HC from a friend 2 years ago. So, if it goes with no other bidders except the one for $3...well...I guess, right? That's the only one that has been bid on so far, with no other watchers or what have you. I'll trust in the "system" ~stuff (well, money) will come back around to me, and all will be eventually well. Hell, an old crappy X-men story trade netted me $20, and a Jones Hulk jumped out to $11, so hey! All wins in my book.

Don't feel like you guys steered me wrong or anything; there is no blame on my end should I not be the happiest. This is the beginning stages of just getting rid of a lot of books to pare down to a few trades I want. That's all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2014, 01:32:19 PM »

Smiley
Oh I get it, my man. But I have found Friday night and Saturday is when I get the most looks. Though I am surprised by the statement that you have no watchers. That is surprising me a tad for the books you have up, I have to admit.
 Huh

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2014, 03:11:46 AM »

And today saw a huge uptick in the watchers status. Making me feel better. Still 4 days to go!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2014, 03:23:58 PM »

Ha. Wife just showed up with some Priority boxes and I noticed something.

Remember my tale of how I use to turn the Priority boxes inside out and use them? Well it looks like I was not alone. I now see that they Priority boxes have "PRIORITY POSTAGE REQUIRED" printed all over the inside of the boxes now. Wife says it doesn't stop people as they just wrap them in brown paper, but still ...

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »

Heh....oh well, I'll just be buying my boxes from Target or Walmart or what have you for shipping then. That's good though, Perry! "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!"

Also...I randomly wonder about buying cardboard and folding my own box sizes....hmm....ever hear of that? Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »

Also...I randomly wonder about buying cardboard and folding my own box sizes....hmm....ever hear of that? Cheesy

Yes indeed. I thought I was clever as hell and designed a "box" that was perfect for shipping anywhere from 1 to 8 comics. Got me a stack of those "priority" boxes and cut them a certain way and made the perfect box. Thought I was gonna be rich.

About a week later I got a shipment of an ebay book and it was almost the same damn design.
 Angry

Cheesy

But yes, you can figure it out. There really is a good way to fold flat cardboard into a great comic shipping case. Just use a hard straight edge to make the folds, give plenty of space for each fold (to make room for the comics) and you will get it.
 Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2014, 05:36:45 PM »

Or you could spend $40 and get a few of these.

http://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSearchResult.aspx?SearchNotFoundLink=Y&SearchID=183344708&keywords=book%20boxes&SubGroups=1403&view=ALL&TrackSearch=N

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »

It's funny....there's this part inside me that really wants to cut loose and make sure I got all the possible materials that I'll need for 6,8 months...a year! But I've sold 5 items so far. I really want to go all-in and do well (in my mind)...but I gotta hold back. Cuz Jeff...I really could go for that!! Ha HA!

That said...I'm really hopeful for how Sunday night will look with all my auctions. Watchers all around, and then I got all my Flash stuff going up next week, and all my Pre and Post New 52 Batman Inc stuff.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »

Going to be adding a couple comic sets tomorrow, but for now two more items up ...

HERE

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2014, 02:14:34 PM »

Well it didn't take long for those 40 years of AVENGERS and Xmen DVD-Roms to sell. Knew I should have tried a higher starting point than $250 (sold them for $225). Plus, I know I am way to high on those damn figures. Damn it
 Angry

Grin

Oh well, Just scheduled two more sets of comics to start about 4 PM today. My Winter Soldier 1-12, which, yeah, I'm waaaay late on getting those up. Past it's prime sell point for sure, but just found the damn things  Cheesy and I went ahead and put up a set I didn't yet want to in THOR GOD OF THUNDER 1-12, but I just hate selling one lot of comics. I always like to pair up even when they have nothing in common.
 Undecided

But ... congrats on getting those hits, Jimbo. I think you are getting more than you had wanted on one ... right? I think? While the others are not hitting for what you had originally hoped, there is still much time left
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:17:11 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »

See, Jimmy, I'm not alone in my hate for Superman!
  Wink

Okay, sorry, bad joke ... But then again, it's never not a good time to slam Superpooper  Wink Grin

(But seriously, I'm sure someone will jump on. Smiley  Better shot for your Superman stuff than my Winter Soldier stuff  Undecided)

EDIT - Also, as you can see, the fun part is watching the people get excited about what they are buying yet still try to bid as cheap as they can. Like that bidder M***S going against S***H in your main Blackest Night set and at the same time, facing off against T***T in the other. Ole M***S is not wanting to let either other bidder win, but not yet willing to go for the knock-out bid. Usually what happens is about 3 seconds before the auction ends, someone else will swoop in and snipe the auction from him.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:56:19 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS