HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:14:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207755 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »

The cheat I would do is simply wrap the box like a gift, tape the hell out of it, and let 'er go! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »

The cheat I would do is simply wrap the box like a gift, tape the hell out of it, and let 'er go! Cheesy

There ya go. Again, just cover the box.  Wink They may question the dimensions (funny how your packages look exactly like our Priority boxes  Cheesy), but they can't do anything other than that and ask you if there is "Anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous inside".  Wink
I would still be flipping them inside out and using them, if it were not for the free boxes I get from DCBS ... and the fact the wife works there of course.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:36:26 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »

Yeah....well, the 8 by 13 boxes are about $2.29 give or take anywhere I look for them, and I'll absorb some of that shipping cost once I start shipping in larger boxes....so oh well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »

Getting the first haul of "packing stuff" is the biggest pain. Once you buy your boxes, tape, padding or peanuts or expanding foam or whatever and start using them, you won't notice it as much. It's just that initial buy.
I am lucky as I get all my stuff free, if not, I would have to add about 65¢ to each shipment to cover the cost. Actually, maybe more now that Ebay has gone the totalitarian route of charging the SELLER FOR SHIPPING CHARGES !!!
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »

Truly? I can just cover up the Priority boxes and use them for media mail? Oh sweet! Pfew!! That's what I wanted to happen! I mean, so far I've just been shipping everything Media mail right now, but I really didn't want to be spending a bunch on boxes.

Sorry - I misunderstood your question.  I thought you were asking if you had to use those boxes for priority mail which is not the case.  I don't think you can use the actual boxes for anything but Priority.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2014, 05:09:48 PM »

Well, came close to my $20 minimum for each lot, but still fell short. Even more so when I included the free shipping for both sets if one person won both. It was a risk, but I still think it got me a tad more than I would've without using that ploy.

Sadly, that is just further proof that it was time for me, the re-seller more than the collector, to stop buying Valiant in monthly. Just not a huge demand for them yet. But of course ... in another month or two...
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2014, 02:50:08 AM »

Well, I don't know what people want, but if I part with this stuff without making a lot...eh, whatcha gonna do? Issues are now up!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jjt302

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »

Good stuff there Jimbo.

One day you're gonna have to trust your books and start listing those puppies at a dollar or two to watch how the buyers bid. I have gotten a lot more for books once I started listing everything at a $2 open. People just get competitive as hell once they place that first bid.
 Cheesy

But hey, if that is the amount you need to feel comfortable for letting them go, and I can understand that, it is a good idea to do it your way.  Cool

And hey. that BIRTHRIGHT story-line wasn't too bad, for a Superman story  Wink but I am really interested in seeing what those Blackest Night books do now.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »

Yeah, I"m way to early into this to start stuff at $2. I know I get competitive, but man, if some of those lots wouldn't hit $10, I'd just feel pissy. HA!  Cheesy

I realize that functionality of it(the low pricing) and the competitiveness that can creep in ("Oh, I'll only go to $15...well, maybe $20), but this noob is nervous and scared about doing so. Maybe later this week if no one gives even a watch to them.

I was going to set up a bunch of Flash lots today if I get around to it: Reborn, Barry's first 12 under the Brightest day banner, Flashpoint (& minis!) and the first year of New 52 Flash.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2014, 03:23:56 PM »

Yeah, I"m way to early into this to start stuff at $2. I know I get competitive, but man, if some of those lots wouldn't hit $10, I'd just feel pissy. HA!  Cheesy

Grin Oh I hear ya, it is a gamble, but I just always take the approach that "I am wanting to get rid of these books, regardless, they are gone, lets see what I can get for them" vs "I hope I can get at least $20 for these comics I no longer want"
 Wink

Even though yes, I ALWAYS hope I can get $20 for each lot of books, the main goal is ridding myself of these comics. If Ebay wasn't in the consideration, I would be giving them away. The money is a bonus, not the goal. That perspective helps.  Smiley

And trust me, more books sell for more when the attraction of the low starting price is there first. Just click on my rating and scroll down to see how much my books have sold for in the past, and I most always start my auctions at $2.

Yes, when starting them that low there is the occasional $11 or $8 final auction, but that is the rarity. Of course it REALLY helps starting comics at $2 or so when the demand for those comics are high. That does help.
 Cheesy

Let me say this, to the best of my memory, and that is not great, I'll give ya that  Grin, I have never sold a set of comics for my starting price of $2. (Now off to look)
 Cheesy

But again, if you are not looking to rid yourself of the comcs unless you get a certain price, that is also a very valid way of using Ebay. Please don't take my advice as anything other than that, advice. You must find your own way and the way you are more at piece with, young padawan
 Wink

EDIT - I did see where I only pulled $3 and some change for a Wolverine set back in April of 2010.  Cheesy (Ebay use to let you look at those old listings, but not now, after a certain amount of time. I would like to go back and see what went down with that. Was it something I wrote or what? Ha, oh well)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:53:13 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »

I have gone back and edited down most of the pricing....but since I'm so new, part of it is the money to replace those comics in trade form. If Secret Origin goes for $10, then I can find that trade on Amazon (or ebay) and just directly replace it. So yeah...I'm looking at it in a little bit (okay, alot) of the money sense.

That,..and I really do enjoy a bunch of those comics! I want my interest returned monetarily! lol

Yeah, not the best thought behind it (and as much as I WON'T be replacing any of that Barry Allen Flash, I hope someone becomes highly interested in it. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »

That,..and I really do enjoy a bunch of those comics! I want my interest returned monetarily!

Completely understandable.  Smiley It's hard to let go sometimes

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »

I've found that I rarely get starting bids if I go much higher that $2 on a lot.

Also - if they don't sell the first week, take advantage of the free re-list for another week.  I've had times when I didn't get a single bid one week but on the re-list I wound up getting $40.

Of course,  there have been times no one bid either week but that's the gamble.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »

Yes, good point, Jeff.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:19 PM »

Well, based on all your recommendations (and what I even know to be true), I've lowered all my sales, and if I get screwed because of it~

IT IS COMPLETELY ALL OF YOUR FAULTS!!!*

*Not actually true, but why not make ya sweat? Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS