HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:36:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207757 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2013, 06:28:02 PM »

Hmmm I have a situation ...
I have an auction up on Ebay and as I was checking the past purchases of the current highest bidder (I do this to get a feel for how much they may spend ... if they stay in the game  Smiley), I see he/she won an auction for a Justin Bieber Blu/Ray a few months back ... Should I allow this person to continue the bidding process on my auction or should I cancel the bid ASAP?

Not sure I can condone Bieber'ism

Wink Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »

Any reason for those four? Are those the ones with the biggest demand (other than Jokers Daughter of course)?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2013, 01:10:32 PM »

Any reason for those four? Are those the ones with the biggest demand (other than Jokers Daughter of course)?

No, just wanted some money towards another purchase. But not now. I just sold a game on another site, so no need to sell these.

Sorry if you wanted those.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »

Oh, I'm good. Not adding any to the two I have  Cool Was just shocked that you were selling them after such a mad rush to get them all

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »

My two Valiant lots up now - HERE

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »

Nice.  I'll be doing the same in a couple of months so I hope you get big money.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »

Nice.  I'll be doing the same in a couple of months so I hope you get big money.

Smiley Not expecting it, but fingers crossed

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 11:51:40 PM »

Nice. Totally trying to take cues from your listing when I start putting up the monthlies after this weekend. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2013, 01:42:51 PM »

Nice. Totally trying to take cues from your listing when I start putting up the monthlies after this weekend. Cheesy

Well, that's only fair as I was going to do the same when you put your comic auctions up  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2014, 04:02:47 AM »

Aw man....I suppose I can only use the free priority mail boxes from USPS for priority mail shipping, eh? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2014, 04:16:11 AM »

Aw man....I suppose I can only use the free priority mail boxes from USPS for priority mail shipping, eh? Wink

No, you can print shipping labels from eBay or PayPal and reuse boxes that you already have.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2014, 05:31:10 AM »

Truly? I can just cover up the Priority boxes and use them for media mail? Oh sweet! Pfew!! That's what I wanted to happen! I mean, so far I've just been shipping everything Media mail right now, but I really didn't want to be spending a bunch on boxes.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2014, 06:07:06 AM »

No, you can print shipping labels from eBay or PayPal and reuse boxes that you already have.

Not sure that is correct. As far as I remember, you can't do that, but I will double check with the wife when she gets up in a couple hours as it may just be the stations here that don't allow that. I know at the station she is currently working that is a "no no" and they will charge you for Priority IF a Postal Priority box is used (if I am following the above query correctly).

EDIT -
Truly? I can just cover up the Priority boxes and use them for media mail?

Now doing it THAT way you may get away with it. But be sure to cover all signs of "Postal Color" or you may run into issues. I think. Again, Jeff may be correct entirely, but I sure remember getting mentally scolded for trying to sneak in the use of Priority as media. I use to turn Priority boxes inside out, tape them up and re-use them, but the last 2 or 3 times I did that, the guy at the counter asked me, in a somewhat chasten manner, if I had done so and by his facial reaction each time I could tell he was not believing me when I lied and said no.
 Cheesy
As the wife works there, I decided to stop that practice to not shine poorly on her
 Wink

But hell, as I assume you don't have that spousal restriction, I say go for it until you can't. Although the moment you "can't" may well be while you're in-line
 Cheesy

I will check the "official" ruling here in another couple hours, however
 Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:21:50 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »

Eh, I probably wouldn't go that far. The USPS has enough problems without me pulling shenanigans with their boxes.

Although, after the last 6 months, I firmly believe they are still an operating entity due to Christmas cards, Wedding save the dates, wedding invites, (eventual) wedding thank yous, and well, Amazon and ebay at Christmas.

So, I'll just keep my shipping at $4 to help pay for media and boxes, and not put all of that onto the sale itself. Unless people want the priority mail, cuz then the boxes are there!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »

Damn it. Either way, I forgot to ask when the wife awoke. She should be home in about 40 minutes for lunch, if I remember I will hit her up then.
 Angry

And the post office is struggling for many reasons, but the amount of paper mail (or the amount of mail) is the smallest of the problem.  The number one issue is the Government will not allow them to operate as any other company would. They are NOT part of the government, have not been for over 40 years, but the government still controls every aspect of what they do.

The thing they are struggling the most with is the governments insistence that they must fund, in its entirety, every persons pension/retirement, in full, when they are fist hired. That alone is costing them millions of dollars a year. It is good that the money will be there for the poeple, but no other company has to do such a ridiculous and costly approach to hiring.

They are also not allowed to control their own prices. That important part of business is regulated by ... you guessed it, the very government that no longer has control of them.

The "non-controlling" government is also not allowing them to cut cost as situations arise. There is no longer any reason for the post office to deliver on Saturdays. No financial institutions are open and most everyone on Medicaid or government assistance gets their "card" funded electronically now. They, the higherups at the PO, asked the government to allow them to go "package only" delivery on Saturdays, still allowing their contract to be covered with Amazon (and other delivery programs such as Fed Ex and UPS), but saving them millions in gas alone and the government, again ... the ones NOT in charge of the USPS ... said no.

These are just a few (there are tons more) of the reasons why the post office is sliding and the "paper/letter reduction" is very far down the list.

And ... wow ... didn't mean to rant, but basically, don't feel bad about using what is there to save money. That was my true reason for posting that.
 Cheesy Cheesy  

EDIT - Okay, the wife popped in for lunch and said "no". They will not allow you to send Priority as anything other than Priority. However, your station may turn its head if they chose to as that is not unheard of, but they can get into some deep crapola if busted for allowing you to do so.

Again, if you do chose to cgo that route, just make sure there is no coloring visible that would indicate its a Priority box. I use to do that, like I said, before ordering from DCBS ... now I get nice shipping boxes every month Grin, so it can be easily done.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:35:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS