HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:15:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-FACTOR Thread  (Read 44557 times)
EmeraldWarrior420
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 05:12:15 AM »

This will always be my favorite version of X-Factor:

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »

Yeah that was a good era.  My favorite is the current with the smaller cast.  Madrox, Layla, Banshee (with her Syrin name), Monet, Strong Guy, Rictor, Rahne, and Longshot.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »

X-Factor 243

Day 3 of the five days that change X-factor.  So far we've lost Rahne and Strong guy and it looks like Polaris and Havoks are the next to go.

Anyone have any thoughts on where this will all lead?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »

Is this the issue that

shows that Polaris killed her parents?

If so, I liked how PAD did that.

I keep reading this off and on and it is hard for me to get exactly were I(we) am(are). My boy needs to do a better job of getting me these issues to read. He is erratic on his delivery method. Gonna have to put my foot down.
 Cheesy

What happened to Strong Guy?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

Is this the issue that

shows that Polaris killed her parents?

Yes

What happened to Strong Guy?

He got pissed off when Monet dumped him for not having a soul and basically told all of X-Factor to go eff themselves.  He'll be back because he went and joined up with the bad guys.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »

X-FACTOR #248

Uhg, This issue reminds me of why I don't like to add this title to my pull. For one, I try and sty away from "X" related titles because I get pulled in too easily and start buying all of them. and for two, the art. This title has one of the best writers in the industry writing it, yet it always seems to get artists that do absolutely nothing for me. This issue may just exemplify that more than any issue prior.

Holy Cow this art is not for me. It really made reading the issue a chore. Paper Thanos? Why, yes. Yes he does look as two dimensional as you can get.

I had a rough time reading BEDLAM #2 due to the art, this makes that look like the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Sorry, PAD, this issue made me wish I was Pip the Troll laying on that slab with a bullet in my head.

2 outta 10 lead Tylenol's 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »

X-FACTOR (NOW) #1

Yeah, have yet to sit donw and read MY comics, so let me whip open one that I didn't buy
 Roll Eyes

Soooo, is this new company that owns the rights to the X-Factor name a shell of Black Panther or would that be just too damn obvious? Serval industries ... a cat ... out of Africa? Maybe just too on the nose, but I am already trying to find a past connection in my head with Black Panther and this X team
 Grin

Anyway, not a lot of PAD's voice yet here but it is way too early yet. Nothing I had to read, to say the least, as this is typical team buiding ... as it has to be ... but in a few issues we will see where we stand.

Art wasn't as distracting as I thought it would be from the previews, so that was a nice bonus.

Only giving this a slightly above average score as David added a little humor with Gambit, but that was about all that was there to be had. A typical issue 1 fair, with no flare.

6 outta 10 half-brothers

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:01 PM »

I liked it ok.  But your right - just a normal setup issue for a new team.  I can't imagine an X-Factor without Madrox and Layla Miller but I like Quicksilver and Gambit so I'm up for it.  Can't see Polaris as a leader though.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:18:39 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »

It's okay.

And it's cool to see PAD just use characters and give them voice, as he seems to be able to do with tools/er...X-men who don't shine alot.

I also worked the letters around so the company reads "Slaver" but that seems to obvious. Cheesy

It's okay, but I think the artist frames scenes a bit poorly to me. Washed out color palette only using 3 brights at most kinda bug me too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »

ISSUE #2

This is just not reading like a PAD book. Yes, the humor is there, even if it is toned-down, but the flow is just different from what I have ever read from PAD. Maybe it's my total lack of caring for any of these characters, save Pietro. Maybe it's just the plot of this title. Maybe it's just me. Regardless of the reason, I am just not enjoying this like I want to.

The art, while not for everyone, still has not left me sour so I can't blame the art for my lack of enjoyment. True, it is certainly stylized, but not in a distracting manner to me (though I can see how it may be for others).

And Gambit ... drop the damn jacket already.  Roll Eyes

Oh well, I suppose it is for the best that I'm not finding the "fun" in this title as I need not worry about wanting to add it to my pull, but still, as a PAD fan, it saddens me that this just doesn't feel like a PAD book.

Once again, an average book

5 outta 10 sighs of dissatisfaction
 Sad

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS