HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:37:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET WARRIORS Thread  (Read 18063 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 02:20:52 AM »

Honestly, I just realized I only dropped it two months ago and I've only missed the current arc.  Just as easy to pick up the two back issues and ride it out to the end if its truly ending with #24.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

Coming out in October!

SECRET WARRIORS #21
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Penciled by MIRKO COLAK
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
In “Night” part two, predestined events come to pass as chaos reigns in the world of Nick Fury and his Secret Warriors! Join us as all the pieces begin to fall into place and we get one month closer to the concluding story arc of Secret Warriors, the book that has IGN.com saying: “As crazy as the war between Leviathan, HYDRA and Fury has become, it's as enjoyable and engrossing as ever...a consistently great series.”

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »

Secret Warriors #24

Possibly my favorite issue to date.  Great setup leading up to a jaw drop ending.  I like how it had a small tie-in to the S.H.I.E.L.D. mini series using plans from Galileo.  Very cool.

If you haven't picked it up yet - get it.  It's that good.

I'm sad this title will be ending soon.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:43 PM »

Reprieve!!  Sort of....Secret Warriors is NOT ending in May!!!

SECRET WARRIORS #27
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Penciled by ALESSANDRO VITTI
Cover by PAUL RENAUD

Ignore everything you've heard about when this series is ending!
IT'S NOT THIS ISSUE. Jonathan Hickman lost his mind and wrote too huge an ending to just be contained in ONE ISSUE! Join us this month for the PENULTIMATE issue of SECRET WARRIORS! It's Wheels within Wheels, Part 4: I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:17 PM »

This has consistently been one of my favorite series in recent memory.

I don't want it to end.  Embarrassed

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »

Issue 25

Between this and Fantastic Four there is no way Jonathan Hickman doesn't get Writer of the Year.

Absolutely great awesome story.  And for those who skipped Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. mini series your missing some little nuggets in Secret Warriors.  Obviously these two stories are about to collide.  I thought for sure that Aries is Da Vinci from S.H.I.E.L.D. but then Nick's team finds his body on their mission?  Now I'm wondering if Aries is actually the new kid in S.H.I.E.L.D.  Who knows but the Hickman world just got a lot bigger and I love it!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS